Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined and then Approved - BOFA Bus Adv Customized Cash Rewards

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Declined and then Approved - BOFA Bus Adv Customized Cash Rewards

Congrats....Sounds about right for B of A, I was declined and approved for secure, June 30th is my year mark. Had the same experience with personal, but now its unsecured and at $72k. Hoping buss is the same way 

Message 11 of 16
ADMYFIC0
Valued Member

@URHomeInvestments

Despite my then existing relationship with Bank of America through personal checking, savings accounts, and credit cards, I believe my limited business credit history as an LLC (about 2 years)  led to the denial of my application for unsecured business Advantage credit cards. As a result, I accepted their secured credit card offer, which required a $1,000 deposit. To my surprise, after a year, they upgraded the card to unsecured and returned my deposit, maintaining the same credit limit. Although they declined my repeated requests for a credit limit increase, I remained undeterred. I applied for their Advantage cards and was approved for three consecutive cards. After my fourth application was denied, I decided to pause my applications. Later, I contacted Bank of America to consolidate my credit lines, and they agreed, leaving $1,000 on the other lines.

While they also denied my application for a Business Line of Credit, they offered a secured option, which I accepted with a $5,000 deposit. It is now nearing its second year, and I am awaiting its upgrade to unsecured. In the meantime,

I have been approved for Citi Business Cards, including the Costco card with a $1,500 credit limit and the Aadvantage card with a $16,000 credit limit.

Message 12 of 16
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

Hey there, @AzCreditGuy and @ADMYFIC0 , now it's a bona fide party! Well, I might be the only one with a mojito in hand, but I'm celebrating your successes with a quite agreeable toast.   

I need it today because tomorrow I'll be flexing those same muscles, while running around with a stack of operating agreement binders, seeking the golden approval, so I can pay for a new A/C unit on my AirBnb. 

Message 13 of 16
ADMYFIC0
Valued Member

All the best.

Note that Bank of America never requested business documents for any of their business credit products. However, they did require a business document (Articles of Organization) when I applied for a business checking account.

Message 14 of 16
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

That's so good to know~ 

Message 15 of 16
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

Nice @URHomeInvestments, great work!! Thanks for all the info, helps me for sure.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.