Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Business Visa approval - $7.2K

tag
LADave
Established Contributor

Citi Costco Business Visa approval - $7.2K

I'd been dragging my feet on applying for a business card for a while. I've been waiting for the Wells Fargo Singify Cash that's supposedly about to be announced for several months now. After doing my taxes last week, I realized that having my sole prop biz expenses paid out of separate accounts is really the way to go.

I went with Citi Costco because I wanted a card that I was at least 80% sure I'd get approved for. I would have rather got an SUB or more flexible rewards, but I'm happy with 4% cash back on gas, which is probably my biggest biz spend category.

(I had burned Citi maybe 16 years ago for less than $1K. I was denied for the Citi Premier and Custom Cash, but I figured my profile had improved, and my chances of getting approved for a co-branded card were greater.)

After an excruciating 15 seconds or so of waiting, I was approved with a SL of $7200, which is better than what I was expecting. And it's nice to be back with Citibank - maybe not the best bank, but one I've got some nostalgia for (my first card was with them).

Stats: This is my first business credit account, so I'm only giving personal account info. Equifax was pulled. EQ FICO 8 was and still is 725, inqs were 0/6, 1/12 and 6/24. Average account age is 3 years 3 months, AoOA 10 years 6 months, 19 revolving accounts, 17% utilization. New accounts: 0/6, 2/12, 10/24 (last personal account opened 9 months ago). Reported business revenue $53K, which is on the conservative side.

Maybe I'll apply for the Wells Fargo Signify Cash when it eventually comes out - I already have 2 cards with them. I might also wait: the DPs I've seen on Reddit for Autograph Journey has me concerned that my velocity over the last 24 months might be too high for them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Business Visa approval - $7.2K

Nice of you to share all the DPs. Nice SL, congratulations on your Citi approval!

Message 2 of 7
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats; thanks for the DPs.

Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 7
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 7
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

Boom!

Congratulations on getting over the mental hump of applying with Citi again...and then more heaped up congrats for your acceptance and that fine line.  That's how its done!

Message 6 of 7
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.