cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card for Utilities?

tag

Business Credit Card for Utilities?

Are there any business credit cards that give at least 3% back on utilities?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card for Utilities?

Not sure about cash back but we rack up a lot of points with our Wyndham Business card.  They are valued the highest among hotel chains and you get 5 points per dollar.  For us, they come in very handy as there are Wyndham hotels of all stripes even in rural areas where we can't use Hilton or Marriott.  Not CB but a good value.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 15
northway
Frequent Contributor

Huntington Voice Business card offers 4% on that and other categories. But it's geo-restricted unless you have accounts with them already.

Personal Cards:
Message 3 of 15

Would it be unwise to open a personal credit card like elan max cash preferred just to use it for business utilities? I don't know if I can get a high limit if I try that.

Message 4 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@HingleMcCringleberry wrote:

Would it be unwise to open a personal credit card like elan max cash preferred just to use it for business utilities? I don't know if I can get a high limit if I try that.

IMHO it would be unwise, for several reasons.

1. The balance would report to your personal credit.

2. Mixing business and personal creates various legal, accounting, and bookkeeping issues.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 5 of 15
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Yap comingling funds could give Uncle Sam and others a field day if audited or sued. Keep business and personal credit usage separate at all times. 

Message 6 of 15

Anyone have thoughts on this card? Is it geo restricted?

https://www.firstcitizens.com/small-business/credit-financing/credit-cards/cash-rewards

*Edit: Looks like it is and I don't live anywhere near a branch

Message 7 of 15
CBetc
Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Not sure about cash back but we rack up a lot of points with our Wyndham Business card.  They are valued the highest among hotel chains and you get 5 points per dollar.  For us, they come in very handy as there are Wyndham hotels of all stripes even in rural areas where we can't use Hilton or Marriott.  Not CB but a good value.

I have a Wyndham Business Earner card I use pretty much exclusively for utilities and telecom, and it's great for that. Not only does Wyndham provide great value, but they also transfer 1:1 to Caesars Entertainment, and occasionally have 2.5:1 redemption to United MileagePlus.

Message 8 of 15

Unfortunately, I am not interested in that card because I don't stay at hotels and that's the only thing it is good for. If only the other banks listed here operated in NY...

Message 9 of 15
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

The Chase Business Unlimited while only 1.5 points per dollar is worth 2.0 ccp so its essentially a 3% cash back if you'll use the points with travel partners.

Utilities however usually charge fees for credit card payment which negates the advantages of point earning. Unless the utillies are in the hundreds of dollars.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.