Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Auto CLIs

tag
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Chase Ink Auto CLIs

Chase continues to surprise me by bestowing auto CLIs. I posted back in March about a 4k auto CLI on my Ink Unlimited just after the 4th statement cut. The following month, same thing when they gave me a 2k bump on my Ink Cash. Fast forward to this month, statement cut on the 25th, paid in full the next day. I log in this morning to check whether a credit was processed on a return I made and the first thing I notice is my limit went from 12k to 22k! Looking forward to next month and what they might give on the Ink Cash. Even if they don't give me anything, I've still been very happy with Chase and what they've done for me on the business side in such a short amount of time (since December '22).

For those curious about banking relationship, spend and usage. Banking relationship is almost non existent so far. Spend on the Unlimited has been pretty consistent at around 70% to 80% of the CL and always PIF a day or two after the statement cuts. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Auto CLIs

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Chase continues to surprise me by bestowing auto CLIs. I posted back in March about a 4k auto CLI on my Ink Unlimited just after the 4th statement cut. The following month, same thing when they gave me a 2k bump on my Ink Cash. Fast forward to this month, statement cut on the 25th, paid in full the next day. I log in this morning to check whether a credit was processed on a return I made and the first thing I notice is my limit went from 12k to 22k! Looking forward to next month and what they might give on the Ink Cash. Even if they don't give me anything, I've still been very happy with Chase and what they've done for me on the business side in such a short amount of time (since December '22).

For those curious about banking relationship, spend and usage. Banking relationship is almost non existent so far. Spend on the Unlimited has been pretty consistent at around 70% to 80% of the CL and always PIF a day or two after the statement cuts. 

Congratulations on those CLI's and on your super relationship with Chase.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 2 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Auto-CLI Approvals!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 8
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Just got an email today that Chase doubled my limit on my CIU. With the struggle getting approved for the CIC was, and after them saying they almost wouldn't extend me anymore credit it's somewhat surprising. This is almost 6 months after my unlimited was approved. Hoping they do the same with my CIC with about the same timeline. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 5 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

@JoeRockhead  Do you think paying after the statement cuts matters to Chase? I have a $4k limit on my Ink Cash and I'm going to be spending close enough to it that I want to make a big payment before the statement date so I can continue to use it without hitting the limit.  This will likely continue until (hopefully) I get a CLI.  This is my first Chase card as of a couple weeks ago so I'm not familiar with their behavior yet.

Message 6 of 8
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@keekers wrote:

@JoeRockhead  Do you think paying after the statement cuts matters to Chase? I have a $4k limit on my Ink Cash and I'm going to be spending close enough to it that I want to make a big payment before the statement date so I can continue to use it without hitting the limit.  This will likely continue until (hopefully) I get a CLI.  This is my first Chase card as of a couple weeks ago so I'm not familiar with their behavior yet.

@keekers I don't know if it matters to them or not to be honest. Using my unlimited as an example since that's the card that's seen the most growth, it started out at $8k. In the beginning I did pay it down whenever I wanted to put more spend on it, then PIF any remaining balance after the statement cut. After the fourth statement, they auto bumped it to $12k.... From that point I just PIF after the statement cut. Another four months, they bumped it again to $22k, and up to $37k 4 months later. 

Had identical (timeline) outcome for the Cash, although not as large of jumps, no doubt due to lower spend but they still gave auto CLIs on that card every four months as well.

Hope you have a similar experience!  

Message 7 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

I guess we will see. Thanks for sharing your info.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.