Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Approval

tag
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

BBC Approval

Evening all,

So, back in Jan I checked the pre-approval tool for any Amex personal cards as I've always been told there were no offers..

This time I thought I would try for the BCP on the personal side and was approved (pulled both EX and TU) though for only a 1k sl... But I was in and that was what mattered in hopes it will grow!!  I didn't get an increase at 61 days so I will try that again at 91 days... But I am again seeing that I'm pre-approved for most personal cards again...Though I won't be adding any new cards for the remainder of the year at least.

Anyhow, I was getting pre-approved each time I looked at additional cards once I started using the BCP for the first 2 months and thought I would see about getting my first business card. I knew they didn't do pre-approvals on those but figured it would likely be a soft pull so I pulled the trigger..

After 10-15 seconds I got the approval (no HP).. I didn't see a starting limit initially but after checking thru the pages I got to the final page and I was given a 10K SL!!  I was super happy as I was hoping it wouldn't be a low limit like the personal card was...

Just need to get the personal card to move up the ladder now... As I am mostly cash back... I'm not seeing any other cards currently fitting my needs.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: BBC Approval

@willmsbrg wrote:

Evening all,

So, back in Jan I checked the pre-approval tool for any Amex personal cards as I've always been told there were no offers..

This time I thought I would try for the BCP on the personal side and was approved (pulled both EX and TU) though for only a 1k sl... But I was in and that was what mattered in hopes it will grow!!  I didn't get an increase at 61 days so I will try that again at 91 days... But I am again seeing that I'm pre-approved for most personal cards again...Though I won't be adding any new cards for the remainder of the year at least.

Anyhow, I was getting pre-approved each time I looked at additional cards once I started using the BCP for the first 2 months and thought I would see about getting my first business card. I knew they didn't do pre-approvals on those but figured it would likely be a soft pull so I pulled the trigger..

After 10-15 seconds I got the approval (no HP).. I didn't see a starting limit initially but after checking thru the pages I got to the final page and I was given a 10K SL!!  I was super happy as I was hoping it wouldn't be a low limit like the personal card was...

Just need to get the personal card to move up the ladder now... As I am mostly cash back... I'm not seeing any other cards currently fitting my needs.  

Congratulations on the approval. Excellent card.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 2 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

Very nice. Congrats.

Message 3 of 8
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice SL and approval, congratulations! 

Message 4 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 5 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Nice going !  Congrats on the Amex approval !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 6 of 8
willmsbrg
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone,

I was certainly surprised with the SL...  

Message 7 of 8
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

Awesome approval and not too shabby of an SL.  Way to grow!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.