Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approval Chances?

tag
fixingmystuff63

Auto Loan Approval Chances?

Hi everyone,

I was curious what are my actual chances of getting a good auto loan. Post discharge 2 months I have 2 credit cards right now one with a limit of 2k, I owe $400 on it, and the other is a $1k limit but I haven't activated it yet. I do have a co signer and I applied but my rate coming in for any car is about 10% when I went through the dealer. I have a credit union but haven't tried them as I don't want to keep running mine and the co signer's credit. One credit union THEY submitted me too (not mine) stated they would give me an approval but with 13k down.  Which I do have but I don't want to put so much down. Other banks were straight denials.

Should I wait about a year or so? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Also experian is showing 651.

2 REPLIES 2
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approval Chances?

Check Capital One prequal.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 3
fixingmystuff63

Re: Auto Loan Approval Chances?

I tried Capital One and got denied stating that I had "too many deliquent past or present with Capital One credit obligations" I went to all the three credit bureaus online and requested my credit report, for some reason Transunion marked my account as "Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed" even though it was included in the bankruptcy. The other two showed closed, I went ahead and filed a dispute so I'm hoping that in a month it gets situated and I can an approval with them. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.