Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Android App Feedback

tag
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

myFICO Android App Feedback

Having an app is nice and all, but a few issues which are more of an inconvenience/quirks than anything. 

1. Enabling the Biometrics feature never sticks, you have to re-enable every time, requiring you to sign in then enable, but the next time you go to use the app, same thing, over and over, I've seen this complaint already and hope they're working on it.

2. The app seems to have a considerable delay in notifications compared to Email notifications which tend to always come much, much earlier (1 to 2 hours) than anything through the app, just FYI. 

Looked for a possible update, but none seem available.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

Re: myFICO Android App Feedback

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Having an app is nice and all, but a few issues which are more of an inconvenience/quirks than anything. 

1. Enabling the Biometrics feature never sticks, you have to re-enable every time, requiring you to sign in then enable, but the next time you go to use the app, same thing, over and over, I've seen this complaint already and hope they're working on it.

2. The app seems to have a considerable delay in notifications compared to Email notifications which tend to always come much, much earlier (1 to 2 hours) than anything through the app, just FYI. 

Thank you for flagging these issues. Can you provide me with your Android make, model, and OS? Also, note that we disable biometric access to the app for security purposes after you logout or after 15 days of inactivity. Are you logging out and/or going more than 15 days between sessions? Thank you again for helping us troubleshoot this issue! 

Message 2 of 4
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@Elizabeth_FICO wrote:

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Thank you for flagging these issues. Can you provide me with your Android make, model, and OS? Also, note that we disable biometric access to the app for security purposes after you logout or after 15 days of inactivity. Are you logging out and/or going more than 15 days between sessions? Thank you again for helping us troubleshoot this issue! 

@Elizabeth_FICO 

Make: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

I think you've answered the question in your response... I don't log out per-se, however when I choose to close all windows, that will log me out of any open apps and websites automatically, so being the access is disabled in that scenario, that would explain why the biometrics have to be reset. I can appreciate the whole security aspect, but in my opinion, it looks like the parameters could be changed a bit to be more user friendly as revoking biometrics access after every log out seems a bit excessive.

Thank you for your response, and help!

Message 3 of 4
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

@JoeRockhead wrote:

@Elizabeth_FICO wrote:

@JoeRockhead wrote:

@Elizabeth_FICO 

Make: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

I think you've answered the question in your response... I don't log out per-se, however when I choose to close all windows, that will log me out of any open apps and websites automatically, so being the access is disabled in that scenario, that would explain why the biometrics have to be reset. I can appreciate the whole security aspect, but in my opinion, it looks like the parameters could be changed a bit to be more user friendly as revoking biometrics access after every log out seems a bit excessive.

Thank you for your response, and help!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! I will pass this along to the team.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.