cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'll Never Hit the Pause Button on MyFico Premier Subscription Again

tag
RedFox2

Why I'll Never Hit the Pause Button on MyFico Premier Subscription Again

My saga started just a week ago, as I embarked on a mission to temporarily pause my MyFico subscription. I envisioned a smooth process—a simple pause without any unexpected curveballs. However, my little financial adventure soon took a turn for the dramatic.

You see, my Premier subscription was set to reawaken from its slumber on October 3, 2023. Alarmed by the imminent resurrection, I swiftly tried to re-pause the Premier subscription online. I wasn't ready to rekindle the subscription flames just yet. So, I reached out to the hallowed halls of customer service, hoping for a lifeline. Instead, I was told that I couldn't hit the snooze button once more without committing to another month of service. The only escape route they offered was cancellation. A bold move, I thought. Problem solved? Far from it.

After I gave the cancellation order, I sought a refund. I mean, why on Earth charge me for a fresh credit report I never wanted and hadn't even glanced at? Their response: because I'd technically "ordered" it. Ordered? It's a semantics game they were playing. I'd informed them of my cancellation on the very day it was slated to rise from the ashes. So commenced a spirited exchange of emails, which led me to one decisive conclusion: I shall never hit the pause button on my subscription again. And if you're smart, you'll heed this cautionary tale and do the same.

There must be a way to wrestle your credit files and bid adieu to the subscription shackles. Or else, MyFico, like all those streaming services we occasionally forget about, will gleefully pocket your hard-earned money without a second thought. Think about it. When we all forget to cancel our Netflix or similar services, they often exhibit a touch of understanding. They promptly cancel and refund with a wink and a nod. But MyFico? Your money is in their pocket, and it's likely never coming back.

Consider this a tale of a financial misadventure and a solemn warning to tread carefully in the realm of credit monitoring subscriptions.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.