Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a Transunion report on myfico. Got nothing

tag
tommyz1052
Established Member

Ordered a Transunion report on myfico. Got nothing

So I ordered my free report via Equifax, an Experian report for 19.99, and a Transunion report.  When I got to the Transunion report, a screen said Myfico couldn't identify my identity. Upload a government Id.   Then it said Call a 1800 # m-friday to talk to a agent.   So no credit report, I checked my Amex and the 19.99 charge is there for both reports I ordered.

I think I'm done with myfico. I have had this service since 2009. This is the first time I am asked for a ID.   I went on the Transunion site and got my report.  The myfico is supposed to be for convenience.  I have a hunch this whole ID thing is some excuse.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: Ordered a Transunion report on myfico. Got nothing

When I've had myFICO fail to fetch my report from EX and once from TU in the past, I posted in myFICO® Product Feedback and/or called and spoke with someone, and they added a 1B report for the failure.

If the request for ID is part of an automatic response, whatever..

Wait until you talk to someone on the phone or get a reply in the forum from someone and maybe you can skip that since you've apparently been a subscriber since 2009.

The info that is available via myFICO is very personal and important, I don't consider a simple DL request as security authentication too much to ask, even from a long time subscriber.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 2 of 4
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@tommyz1052 wrote:

So I ordered my free report via Equifax, an Experian report for 19.99, and a Transunion report.  When I got to the Transunion report, a screen said Myfico couldn't identify my identity. Upload a government Id.   Then it said Call a 1800 # m-friday to talk to a agent.   So no credit report, I checked my Amex and the 19.99 charge is there for both reports I ordered.

I think I'm done with myfico. I have had this service since 2009. This is the first time I am asked for a ID.   I went on the Transunion site and got my report.  The myfico is supposed to be for convenience.  I have a hunch this whole ID thing is some excuse.

There's a different way to look at this. Think of it how along the lines of Myfico valuing your information and the security of that information. I too have been a Myfico member for a long time. When I disappeared for a while, then came back, they requested that I reupload my driver's license to access my reports again. Personally, I had no problem doing this. As someone that works in the cyber security/ Healthcare Technology industry, I wish more companies would do more verification before handing out critical information. 

There is tremendous value in knowing they're doing what they can to protect client information.

Coming Soon
Message 3 of 4
OscarsMom
New Contributor

@tommyz1052  Were you ever able to get this resolved? 

I just had the same thing happen. I've purchased reports from MF before, but now suddenly they can't identify me. Of course, they took the money from my account, even though they couldn't process my order. 

I uploaded a pic of my DL here on the website, as requested, and then received an email to upload my DL. Now there's a flag on my dashboard also asking me to send my ID. Good grief...can't their software even recognize that I've already done that? 

UPDATE: was able to finally login to get the full 3B report I paid for. Now I'd like to know why my EQ5 is 20 points lower on the 39.95 3B report than on the free one! Both are supposedly based on today's data. WTH? Which one is right?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.