cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Community Ranks - how to progress?

tag
credit_economist
Established Member

Forum Community Ranks - how to progress?

Hi MyFICO product developers,

I am back on the forum after 4 years away, so I have been downgraded to "New Visitor".

I am trying to find the current info on how to climb back up the community ranks.

The main intro article, Getting Started on the myFICO® Forums step 2 currently has a (maybe outdated) link to Community Ranks that gives me "access denied", which makes no sense, since this is supposed to be an introductory guide for new members to follow.

I do find a non-linked separate Community Ranks post, but that one only lists the ranks, it doesn't explain how users can progress up the ranks, which I remember was explained on the forum back in 2017-2018 when I was last looking for this, and I found it very helpful then as a new user (it mentioned the number of posts you need to reach, and other metrics).

Could you provide this missing info (how exactly users can progress up the forum ranks) in the above places? Or as a response to my question here?

Thank you in advance!

[Mar. 2024]

Starting Score: 753
Current Score: 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Forum Community Ranks - how to progress?

@credit_economist wrote:

Hi MyFICO product developers,

I am back on the forum after 4 years away, so I have been downgraded to "New Visitor".

I am trying to find the current info on how to climb back up the community ranks.

The main intro article, Getting Started on the myFICO® Forums step 2 currently has a (maybe outdated) link to Community Ranks that gives me "access denied", which makes no sense, since this is supposed to be an introductory guide for new members to follow.

I do find a non-linked separate Community Ranks post, but that one only lists the ranks, it doesn't explain how users can progress up the ranks, which I remember was explained on the forum back in 2017-2018 when I was last looking for this, and I found it very helpful then as a new user (it mentioned the number of posts you need to reach, and other metrics).

Could you provide this missing info (how exactly users can progress up the forum ranks) in the above places? Or as a response to my question here?

Thank you in advance!

There's a very long thread in Smorgasboard with a lot of discussion on Community Ranks.   This page has a chart which provides some general guidance on the member levels and ranking up. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
credit_economist
Established Member

Thanks @pizzadude !

The chats are certainly helpful, although a bit long.

It would be so useful to have a single post explaining the rules for community rank, like we used to have on in this forum back in 2017-2018. Moderators / product managers, could you add the rules to the existing community rank post? I really think it would help increase engagement on the forum, and make it more efficient. Thank you for your consideration!

[Mar. 2024]

Starting Score: 753
Current Score: 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@credit_economist  agree! There is a need for a complete and concise post under its own subject matter.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.