Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO SCORES NOT UPDATING

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO SCORES NOT UPDATING

@rjordon wrote:

I'm only sharing with you from what I experianced. Yes, I paid the additional $49.95 with the Premier cost of $39.85 to see the FICO 2, 4 &5 one time only. I called and spoke to an representative and yes, that is correct. To see the FICO 2, 4 & 5 again it would cost an additional $49.95. No, the FICO 8 versions is NOT used by mortage lenders, car lots or bank loans. Referring back to the 46 point loss due to paying the credit card to a zero balance per a FICO supervisor. So no, not any other issues with that account, no past due or missed payments just that I paid it down to a zero balance. I didn't come here and post just a rant, I've done many many hours of homework, speaking to the credit bureaus reps, talking with supervisors with the bureaus, FICO, credit card companies, financial advisors & credit repair representatives.  What I'm saying is truth, i have NO reason to lie or make up stories. 

I doubt anybody will say you're fibbing, just that you don't fully understand the process.  As for your scores not reporting instantaneously that's just a fact of life; all services (not just myFICO) provide the full array of scores only once per month.  As for why your score dropped 46 points, if you'd done your homework as you say you have, you'd know there is a thing as an "All-Zero" point penalty for having all revolving lines of credit reporting as zero; all it takes to avoid that penalty is to have a single card reporting a few dollars. 

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 21 of 40
rjordon

I have three credit cards (1st-$400; 2nd- $300 & 3rd-$1300) the 1st two have zero balances, the 3rd has a 10% balance. 

Message 22 of 40
rjordon

Great job!

You aren't using too much of your credit card limit

Open credit card accounts

CREDIT ONE BANK
$118 out of $400 - THIS IS NOW ZERO BALANCE paid off 1/5/23
30%

MERRICK BANK
$286 out of $1,200 - This is now a $99.00 balance  paid 1/5/23
24%

SYNCB/PPC
$0 out of $1,700
0%

FETTI FINGERHUT/WEBBANK
$0 out of $2,050
0%

CAPITAL ONE
$0 out of $300 - This is what caused the 46 point loss 

0%
 I printed this info off of Credit Karma (free site) beause for some reason FICO isn't showing my reports (only the ones I ordered in the past that are not updated), which I don't understand since I have the Premier package that doesn't cancel till 2/4/23. Odd.
Message 23 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@rjordon it appears this is more related to scoring than product itself.

I can move your post and corresponding replies to scoring section of the forum if you wish. 

You appear to be rebuilding. If any of negative accounts updated, there could be scoring loss if they weren't regularly updating. Even a positive change to CR such as payment on collection or charge off will case temporary drop because of update, but *temporary* is the key word because payment usually stops future updates and your score can recover gradually.

Message 24 of 40
rjordon

This is actually both, the product & scoring. & no, i'm not rebuilding & it wasn't a charge off.  Please see where I posted the detailed information.  I would love to have someone explain it to me but no one can. The Capital One card that caused the 46 point loss is a perfect account, no late payments, use & pay every month. Paid down to 30%, then 10% then paid to a zero balance.  The bottom line is simple, I was penalized for paying off the credit card. 

I have 3 credit cards....anywho, I've explained this in other post.

Message 25 of 40
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@rjordon, please search AZEO in this forum; much of your confusion should be cleared up. 

Message 26 of 40
rjordon

Will do. Thanks 

Message 27 of 40
rjordon

If you see my post showing 3 cards, 2 at zero balance & one under 10% is azeo, correct?  The all zero except one? Lol

Again. Lost 46 points on the zero paid capital one & again no one can explain it. 

Not confused. 

Message 28 of 40
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@rjordon wrote:

If you see my post showing 3 cards, 2 at zero balance & one under 10% is azeo, correct?  The all zero except one? Lol

Again. Lost 46 points on the zero paid capital one & again no one can explain it. 

Not confused. 

Then there is something going on with your reports; have you taken the advice posted above and downloaded your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and gone through them with a fine toothed comb?

Message 29 of 40
rjordon

Yes. I paid the fees for Equifax, Experian, Transunion, FICO, Credit Karma (free), the one year annual report. I've went through each one even the huge copy that I paid $49.95 for with FICO. I paid a credit repair company, they went through it as well, my lender & I went through it, nothing & no one can explain the 46 point drop. I called Capital One and spoke to a supervisor, she stated my account is perfect there should be no reason for the negative scoring. The FICO supervisor couldn't make sense of it other than keep a low balance on the card for the good score which is insane with mulitiple cards and all the theory including the AZEO you referred me too, all advise the same method as I have done, 2 cards at zero, the 3rd card under 10%. So again, why did my score drop 46 points? I was just searching the web to see who else I could contact that can answer that question. The FICO supervisor bless her heart couldn't, she ended up saying "we're just a 3rd party reporting system, I don't know". 

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.