Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO SCORES NOT UPDATING

tag
Secretchipmunk7
Established Member

Re: FICO SCORES NOT UPDATING

They don't though. I use many sites, including directly from the bureaus. 

I'll have 2-7 things update over a few days and the score here still won't update. Seems you are almost always behind a few days from anywhere else. Currently I had 6-8 things change on each bureau in past four days and most are not showing for alerts and there's no updated score for 2-3 days.

I'm definitely calling today because this is a reaccuring issue for 3 months and I almost always have something change daily. 

Also why do you finally add score change sometimes two days later after the alerts were already posted days prior? I want to know what exactly changes my score and it's not helpful if I just had 6-9 things added over a three day period.

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes! Was charged and paid the $29.99 yesterday, this is just not right.

As UncleB said, please reach out to our customer care team for support. 

The $29.95 product updates the FICO Score versions (mortgage, car, credit card) every 3 months. 

The FICO Score 8 should be updated when changes are detected. 

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes! Was charged and paid the $29.99 yesterday, this is just not right.

As UncleB said, please reach out to our customer care team for support. 

The $29.95 product updates the FICO Score versions (mortgage, car, credit card) every 3 months. 

The FICO Score 8 should be updated when changes are detected. 

Message 11 of 40
rjordon

This MY FICO, and the 3 credit bureaus are a money pit, scam, racket! This is my first time and i'm 54 dealing with this bizarre scam they have going on. I paid $39.95 for the premier package and only have FICO 8 version updated, which means absolutely NOTHING to lenders, car lots, credit cards companies or banks. Not one of them look at the FICO8, so you are paying for NOTHING that will help you so, I decided since I sold my house to buy another one and found out my score was very low this is why I got involved in this total sham. I wanted to see the FICO 2, 4, 5 score since that is where the lender was getting my actual score, well to do that I had to pay an additional $49.95 and get this, you get to see it ONCE! LOL! So this site got me for $89.90 for me to see the actual FICO 2, 4 & 5 one time only. I canceled the premier package since it doesn't help whatsoever but it doesn't end till 2/4 so I'm getting FICO 8 score updates daily (again so what), well my Equifx score dropped 46 points!!! Do you know why, it's because I paid a $300 credit card to a zero balance! 46 points DROPPED, not gained. I talked to a supervisor after getting the run around (4 different representatives from MYFICO & Equifax) she advised me no no no , don't ever paiy your credit card to zero although it's awesome you did but bad bad bad for your credit score. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? Yall, they want us drowning in debt, they do not want us to succeed and be debtfree. It's mind boggling that paying ANY debt off causing your scoe to DROP 46 points! I'm so disgusted in all of this. FICO blames credit bureaus and credit bureaus blame FICO and who's suffering? We are! They have our lives in their little racket circle. Call Equifax or any of the bureaus and see if you can even talk to any agent that speaks English. I've called numerous of times and struggle to understand the representative. I've talked to several that didn't even know what a FICO score is. The other insane issue is it takes them 60 days to correct, post, report anything but quick to post a negative. I paid off $60k in cars, cards, furtiture, personal loans etc., never late in any payments, NO BR, no judgements nothing, should have an 800+ score but nope, I have a 601 with Equifax (was 647 before the 46 point loss with paying the credit card to zero) but a 651 Experian & 677 with TU. Just sold a $295K house but can't buy a $150k due to BAD credit! I can't make this crap up.  Paid off all above mentioned on 11/30/22, today is 1/31/23 and most items are still showing on my report, two months later. I called many consumers and they all advised me it's been reported as paid & closed with bureaus nut not yet corrected on my credit reports. I'm so mind blown over all of this & will continue to write letters, dispute, call etc only because I have NO choice. I have recordings, letters, documentation etc to send to all whom will listen to state senators, congress, hell might even try to president because people they are screwing US! 

Message 12 of 40
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Wow, quite the first post "slash" (paragraphless) rant.  Not quite sure what your issues are, but the myFICO service seems to be working for the rest of us.  Maybe if you calm down and post a concise list of your issues (formatted so as to be readable), folks here have proven to be happy to help.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 13 of 40
rjordon

I'm quite sure I explained my "issues" in my "rant".

Message 14 of 40
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

You get the FICO 8 score because it's the most widely used in the industry, and is updated throughout the month on your myFICO subscription as they receive information from the CRAs. If you have the Premier subscription, it also gives you all the scores they offer to the public, including the Mortgage 5, 4, and 2 versions once a month when the newest version of your report comes out. If you want them sooner, you do have to pay for an extra report and it gives you a "snapshot" of your report, and scores on that particular day.

Also, with the premier, you can go back and look at your monthly reports and what all your scores where at the time, at any time you like so I'm not sure where you got that you can only look at them once.

As for your score and score drop, you obviously have something going on within your credit file that has caused the lower score and such a significant drop and rather than coming on here and bashing FICO or the CRAs, you might want to go to annualcreditreport.com and pull all your credit reports there and examine them for any discrepancies, then take action with the appropriate CRA. MyFICO only reports and gives scores based on what information the agencies report to them.

Message 15 of 40
rjordon

I'm only sharing with you from what I experianced. Yes, I paid the additional $49.95 with the Premier cost of $39.85 to see the FICO 2, 4 &5 one time only. I called and spoke to an representative and yes, that is correct. To see the FICO 2, 4 & 5 again it would cost an additional $49.95. No, the FICO 8 versions is NOT used by mortage lenders, car lots or bank loans. Referring back to the 46 point loss due to paying the credit card to a zero balance per a FICO supervisor. So no, not any other issues with that account, no past due or missed payments just that I paid it down to a zero balance. I didn't come here and post just a rant, I've done many many hours of homework, speaking to the credit bureaus reps, talking with supervisors with the bureaus, FICO, credit card companies, financial advisors & credit repair representatives.  What I'm saying is truth, i have NO reason to lie or make up stories. 

Message 16 of 40
rjordon

Per the FICO supervisor the 46 points dropped on my FICO 8 Equifax was due to me paying the balance to Zero. I'll post of copy of it....

Customer Service Feedback

Thank you for recently contacting myFICO Customer Service. We value high quality customer service and would like your feedback on your interactions with our Customer Service agent Kaisha. We value your feedback on Kaisha and the survey takes less than two minutes to complete.

Thank you,
myFICO Customer Service

Click on the button below to take the survey.

Message 17 of 40
rjordon

1/29/2023January 29th 2023January 29th 2023 - Account Information from Equifax. Descriptors for an account listed on your credit report have been updated [Your FICO Score 8 based on Equifax data is down by 46 points to 601.]

Equifax-46 601
Descriptors for an account listed on your credit report have been updated

Credit change

Company
CAPITAL ONE
Balance
$0.00Descriptor 1
Credit card
Message 18 of 40
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@rjordon no one is saying you're lying, or making up stories. What I was saying is that perhaps there are things in your report that are inaccurate and that you should go get your free reports, and look them over thoroughly, and then follow up with the appropriate CRA. Many of us here have been in predicaments similar to yours and just trying to help by giving you information that may help you.

Your score drop could be due to other factors in your overall credit file, not just that particular account. I've seen on here where one person is dinged on their score significantly by taking out a new car loan for example, yet another person not dinged at all. Some of it makes no sense at times, but everything involving your credit rating and score is very profile specific.  

Message 19 of 40
rjordon

I appreciate your feedback however when I'm telling you what I know and your saying "could be something else" which is not correct. Believe I was shocked to finally find out after speaking with 4 different representatives that kept blaming each other from Equifax to FICO on why my score dropped 46 points. Finally when I called FICO again and asked for a supervisor she pulled my credit report and asked if I paid my Capital One to zero balance & I said yes I did, she said that is why it dropped so again, no other reason for the 46 point drop other than me paying it off. Supervisor said & I quote " Great you can pay the credit card to zero balance but bad for the FICO score to do that" I have it recorded. I have every conversaton with the bureaus, FICO, CC companies, lenders, car salesman & banks recorded for this reason. I will gather all the documentation after this investigation is over and present it to the officials. 

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.