cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how fico scoring keeps the caste system alive and well in america.....

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how fico scoring keeps the caste system alive and well in america.....

dog wrote:
i already got the delta card a couple of posts up.  i tried for the wamu, but it was a no-go.  i might just stick with the delta and avoid inquiries.  thanks a lot for the help.

Did WAMU pull TU?
Message 21 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont know if they did or not.  i havent pulled a report since i applied.
Message 22 of 50
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

99% of the time WAMU will pull TU.
Message 23 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

For any scientists out there, FICO scoring sometimes reminds me of the 3 laws of thermodynamics:

1  You can't win

2  You can't break even

3  You can't get out of the game.

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 06-12-2007 08:27 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 24 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to think all this credit scoring and Fico numbers was a scam! Now I know it is after reading about all the above!! How did you learn to play the game?! And how did you go up 50 points in 5 months? We are all stuck trying to improve our "numbers" so we can get better interest rates and are just harding working middle class, that sometimes bad things happen to and you get to pay the price for a very long time it seems....
Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

BINGO!  it is a shame that in order to have a great credit score, one has to go online and learn "tricks" and "tips" that the average man would not know and which are in many cases contrary to common sense.  in my opinion, the credit scoring system is yet another method of keeping the rich richer and the poor poorer.  think about it....is it more likely that some poor schmuck is going to default on an auto loan at 18% or at 6%?  the creditors would like you to believe that the system is designed to protect them from risk, which is to a certain extent true; however, the more likely reason for the design is for the creditors to make $12k-$15k  in interest on a 5 year auto loan, or an extra $100k on the life of a mortgage.  for almost seven years, i thought that paying bills on time and not seeking credit would give me a great score...well, i am at 657, 641 and 590.  fortunately we do have this site, along with some great contributors, and perhaps we can learn to play the credit game to our benefit.  if i had the info 2 years ago that i have now, my scores would be well in the 700's within 6 months, rather than the 1 yr to 18 mo that i am looking at now.  i can say that i am inspired by reading the forums, and am now on the road to three good scores.
Message 26 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

dog wrote:

for almost seven years, i thought that paying bills on time and not seeking credit would give me a great score...well, i am at 657, 641 and 590.  fortunately we do have this site, along with some great contributors, and perhaps we can learn to play the credit game to our benefit.  if i had the info 2 years ago that i have now, my scores would be well in the 700's within 6 months, rather than the 1 yr to 18 mo that i am looking at now.  i can say that i am inspired by reading the forums, and am now on the road to three good scores.

Hey - that is MY story.  I need to copyright it!  Smiley Very Happy

This forum is extremely helpful.  And I am now at the stage where the "game" amuses me more than frustrates me.
Message 27 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

midnight, perhaps the two of us can write a book, split the profits and pay all of our tl's off, well except 1-9%.

the things i would really like to accomplish from the info that i get on this website, is to get myself into a position where i can knock a couple of points off of my auto loan, and also get a decent rate on a mortgage for a neighboring property which is up for sale....fortunately, it is unlikely that the place will sell before a score jump that i am expecting in january.  the bad thing is, that in the process, i have become obsessed with these damned fico scores and these forums!

Message 28 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

dog wrote:
midnight, perhaps the two of us can write a book, split the profits and pay all of our tl's off, well except 1-9%.

Now that is a good idea!!

dog wrote:

the bad thing is, that in the process, i have become obsessed with these damned fico scores and these forums!

Internet MBs tend to be addictive  Smiley Happy  But at least here we are learning something useful and important, and we might be able to help others along the way.

And it is free   Smiley Very Happy
Message 29 of 50
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

dog wrote:

for almost seven years, i thought that paying bills on time and not seeking credit would give me a great score...well, i am at 657, 641 and 590.  fortunately we do have this site, along with some great contributors, and perhaps we can learn to play the credit game to our benefit.  if i had the info 2 years ago that i have now, my scores would be well in the 700's within 6 months, rather than the 1 yr to 18 mo that i am looking at now.  i can say that i am inspired by reading the forums, and am now on the road to three good scores.

Hey - that is MY story.  I need to copyright it!  Smiley Very Happy

This forum is extremely helpful.  And I am now at the stage where the "game" amuses me more than frustrates me.

Just wait until you change scorecards or pools like I have.Smiley Mad

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-16-2007 10:16 AM
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.