cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how fico scoring keeps the caste system alive and well in america.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how fico scoring keeps the caste system alive and well in america.....

thanks to everyone for the good information.  i guess it would not be wise to do much now other than wait out the deletions and possibly start asking for cli's on the credit cards that i have, rather than getting new credit cards?  i guess i should also get my utilizations down from 20% to below 10%?  i am keeping my fingers crossed that things will look a lot better in january when all the baddies are off.  thanks again for some really helpful advice....any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 11 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get another cc or two...you need some more positive TLs.
Message 12 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember the days.  There was a time, when my hubby went from top of the scumbag group, to the scumbag group at the top.  Its not unusual. 

Message 13 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!  i just applied for an amex delta skymiles card (after reading another thread by the honorable tuscani), and got an initial limit of $2000!!  that is the highest credit limit i have gotten from any credit card ever!  even if i take an intial hit, that card will put me right under 10% utilization.  thank you, tuscani, and everyone else on the boards.  YAY! Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Congrats.

Slowly but surely we learn and get there  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone recommend another card that i could get that would be a possibility with 590 eq, 641 tu and 657 exp?  i want to open one more account and that is it.
Message 16 of 50
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
can anyone recommend another card that i could get that would be a possibility with 590 eq, 641 tu and 657 exp?  i want to open one more account and that is it.

Which state do you live?
Message 17 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

i live in west virginia.
Message 18 of 50
Calamity
Established Member

dog wrote:
i live in west virginia.

Amex pulls a lot from EX but in West Virginia they might pull your EQ which is your lowest.  I would recommend Amex Delta card or WAMU (they mostly pull TU).  Let us know what happens.  GL
Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

i already got the delta card a couple of posts up.  i tried for the wamu, but it was a no-go.  i might just stick with the delta and avoid inquiries.  thanks a lot for the help.
Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.