cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to see a pattern of Reporting Bureaus suppressing positive data being reported

tag
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Starting to see a pattern of Reporting Bureaus suppressing positive data being reported

Been monitoring all three bureaus for over 6 months and I'm noticing a disturbing and alarming pattern that's been ongoing. Negative things ie..things that lower your score are updating quickly when being furnished, but positive things that will improve scores are delayed in reporting often times 60 days or more.

Now if this was a one off on a single account and one bureau, I'd say it was just my imagination. But this is happening with multiple people, accounts and different bureaus. Something is certainly not right here, so I'm having this looked into.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: Starting to see a pattern of Reporting Bureaus suppressing positive data being reported

@CreditPoor  Get on them! We're all behind you.

Message 2 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Starting to see a pattern of Reporting Bureaus suppressing positive data being reported

@CreditPoor wrote:

Been monitoring all three bureaus for over 6 months and I'm noticing a disturbing and alarming pattern that's been ongoing. Negative things ie..things that lower your score are updating quickly when being furnished, but positive things that will improve scores are delayed in reporting often times 60 days or more.

Now if this was a one off on a single account and one bureau, I'd say it was just my imagination. But this is happening with multiple people, accounts and different bureaus. Something is certainly not right here, so I'm having this looked into.

Why don't you give us specific examples.  And be sure to give us details as to where, how, and when you're getting the information.

Personally, I'm skeptical, as my experience has been that there is no such bias in the timing of reporting data.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 3 of 16
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Bad news travels fast. 

Message 4 of 16
Barkius

I'm both disturbed and alarmed!

Message 5 of 16
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Timing of reporting is up to the lenders, not the bureaus, so if you're seeing delays in updating, it's the lenders reporting those specific tradelines you'll want to speak to.

Message 6 of 16
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I'm shocked and amazed!

Message 7 of 16
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

I'm dazed and confused.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 16
TheKid2
Established Contributor

The lack of details is the alarming thing to me. Unless I am misreading this is being proposed as an orchestrated conspiracy to suppress your scores and you're having it looked into. I struggle to think of many things being reported that will improve my scores in 1 cycle, in fact I believe beyond balance adjustments the only major thing that could significantly improve a score would be removal of a derog. But, you're not even talking about CRA reporting, it seems you're only referring to lenders reporting. Doesn't make any sense.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 9 of 16
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb  Alright! Alright! Alright!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.