cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to BOOST your score. May easily apply to everyone!

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How to BOOST your score. May easily apply to everyone!

smallfry wrote:

They still make money at the point of sale.

In 2006, banks are expected to collect a record $17.1 billion from credit card penalty fees, a 15.5% increase from two years ago, according to R.K. Hammer, a bank-advisory firm. Fees are increasingly making up a greater percentage of card issuers' revenue, a 2006 Government Accountability Office report found.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 31 of 40
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Exept for Amex in certain situations, CCCs hate PIF members.

"Due to your extremely responsible use of your credit cards we are closing your account with us" 

Midnight, did Amex do this to you?
Message 32 of 40
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

"Due to your extremely responsible use of your credit cards we are closing your account with us" 

It was supposed to be a joke  Smiley Very Happy

But I still think the PIFers are going to be more and more disliked by the CC companies as time goes on.
Message 33 of 40
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused111 wrote:

It was supposed to be a joke  Smiley Very Happy

But I still think the PIFers are going to be more and more disliked by the CC companies as time goes on.

I have read on other forums CCCs referring to PIFers as deadbeats. 
Message 34 of 40
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

And I am very happy to be so described by CCCs.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 35 of 40
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Yippee!!  I'm down to 10% utilization, across the board!  Good heavens - how did I do that!  Nickel'd and dime'd for the past three months!  I have 8 cards and 4 without balances!  Well, Cap 1 has a balance of twenty-two cents.  Smiley Very Happy  Will they hold that against me?  Also, and as importantly, I checked the company credit -- as I've been tackling my husband's and the company credit too, and it's now LOW risk and states,  "70% of companies score lower than you."  !!!!!!!!!!  I've sent for a full report.  Of course, I haven't paid the (my) mortgage yet, for June, but I have until Friday to do that, and will.  I'm just waiting for checks to clear, and they will, by tomorrow.

I'm so happy!  Can't wait for the CRAS to update!  And I couldn't have done it, any of it, without all of you!  Thank you!

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercyMe wrote:
Yippee!! I'm down to 10% utilization, across the board!

Excellent!!! Try to have Cap1 delete the $0.22 cents or do an online $0.22 payment. You might get extra points in this specific case if that card is $0 balance with all other factors you currently have. Either way congrats!!! Nicely done. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-26-2007 08:33 AM
Message 37 of 40
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MercyMe wrote:
Yippee!!  I'm down to 10% utilization, across the board!  Good heavens - how did I do that!  Nickel'd and dime'd for the past three months!  I have 8 cards and 4 without balances!  Well, Cap 1 has a balance of twenty-two cents.  Smiley Very Happy  Will they hold that against me?  Also, and as importantly, I checked the company credit -- as I've been tackling my husband's and the company credit too, and it's now LOW risk and states,  "70% of companies score lower than you."  !!!!!!!!!!  I've sent for a full report.  Of course, I haven't paid the (my) mortgage yet, for June, but I have until Friday to do that, and will.  I'm just waiting for checks to clear, and they will, by tomorrow.

I'm so happy!  Can't wait for the CRAS to update!  And I couldn't have done it, any of it, without all of you!  Thank you!

Fantastic!
Message 38 of 40
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Congrats!!  Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

ausgezeichnet!
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.