Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Common Are FICO 9 and 10 Now?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

How Common Are FICO 9 and 10 Now?

I assume that other than mortgage pulls, FICO 8 is still the most common score to be used by lenders.  If that is correct, I am just wondering how common 9 and 10 are now.  Do either of them appear to be getting close to FICO 8 popularity or have a chance of becoming "the norm" in the next couple of years?  

Thanks!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: How Common Are FICO 9 and 10 Now?

Is even a single lender using FICO 10?

The FHFA has authorized FICO 10T and Vantage Score 4.0 to replace the old mortgage scores, but they're still in the comment phase.

Message 2 of 27
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Is even a single lender using FICO 10?

The FHFA has authorized FICO 10T and Vantage Score 4.0 to replace the old mortgage scores, but they're still in the comment phase.

I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage right now and I wish 10T was already being used; as of earlier this month my scores looked like this:

• Mortgage 5/4/2:
    • EQ: 754
    • TU: 756
    • EX: 792
  • Fico 10T:
    • EQ: 811
    • TU: 805
    • EX: 817
I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 3 of 27
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

I have yet to find a single lender that has adopted FICO10 or FICO10T. As it stands, lots of lenders aren't even using FICO9 and instead use older models.  FICO 9 is however catching steam and a lot more lenders are starting to come around and adopt it.

Message 4 of 27
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

This might be a silly question, but how do we know which model they use?  I was just approved for a usb altitude connect card. I checked and they did a hard pull on tu. I didn't see anywhere which score they used or what value they got. Am I missing something?

Message 5 of 27
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@FicoMike0 The thread below was being updated regularly, but due to a change in the forum rules for editing posts it's no longer being updated. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Which-Report-Will-They-Pull-Part-2/m-p/637977...

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 6 of 27
dunn2500
Established Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

This might be a silly question, but how do we know which model they use?  I was just approved for a usb altitude connect card. I checked and they did a hard pull on tu. I didn't see anywhere which score they used or what value they got. Am I missing something?

I would see what my score was based of the pull and match it with corresponding score model

so say they pulled experian and my score was 792, I would check my current scores to see which model came back @ 792 or within a few points

Message 7 of 27

What's your Vantage 4?

Message 8 of 27
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Horseshoz, 

I don't have access to 10t , but I've noticed an increasing trend with the fico version number.  Eg, 

Tu fico4  766

Tu fico8 812

Tu fico9 832

Reason codes similar, mostly about age of credit.

I don't expect much effect from trending, my utilization is always under 10%.

Message 9 of 27
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Horseshoz, 

I don't have access to 10t , but I've noticed an increasing trend with the fico version number.  Eg, 

Tu fico4  766

Tu fico8 812

Tu fico9 832

Reason codes similar, mostly about age of credit.

I don't expect much effect from trending, my utilization is always under 10%.

Your TU scores are a bit above mine (for the moment):

• MORT 4: 756
  • FICO 8: 792
  • FICO 9: 806
  • FICO 10: 792
  • FICO 10T: 805

It looks like my MLO is going to do a hard pull on my credit next week so I expect my numbers to take a hit.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.