Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS dropped 11 Points When CL Transferred Cap1

tag
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

CS dropped 11 Points When CL Transferred Cap1

A couple of weeks ago I posted of transferring all but $500 of my CL from one Cap One card to another. Today I received a notice from Experian that 1.) My CL went down on one of my Capital One CC to $500. A few days earlier Exp notified me my CL went up on my other Cap One card. 2) Exp notified me that my score dropped by 11 points. I spent considerable time looking over my reports looking for any other changes. Nothing. My overall CL is exactly the same. My usage is under 1% on all cards. I owe on three of twenty cards. I dropped from 841 to 830. 

To me another FICO issue! 

If I transfer the CL back will I get back my points?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
swankytiger
Regular Contributor

Re: CS dropped 11 Points When CL Transferred Cap1

I mean it will likely show back up in a month or so but tbh anything over 740 really doesn't matter. 

Main Card Setup

Sock Drawer

Chopping Block
Message 2 of 38
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

That's strange. It will be interesting to see if the eq and tu scores are affected. What came up in explanations?

Message 3 of 38
GZG
Valued Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I posted of transferring all but $500 of my CL from one Cap One card to another. Today I received a notice from Experian that 1.) My CL went down on one of my Capital One CC to $500. A few days earlier Exp notified me my CL went up on my other Cap One card. 2) Exp notified me that my score dropped by 11 points. I spent considerable time looking over my reports looking for any other changes. Nothing. My overall CL is exactly the same. My usage is under 1% on all cards. I owe on three of twenty cards. I dropped from 841 to 830. 

is one of the cards you owe money on the card with the new $500 limit? 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@swankytiger  I hoping to reach 850 on at least one card.

Message 5 of 38
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  Smiley Wink  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@GZG  No. I stopped using that card when I transferred most of the CL balance. I wanted to move all of it and then close it. Cap1 wouldn't allow it.

Message 7 of 38
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

If the individual account percentage utilization did not go up on any of the 3 cards with balances, then the score drop must be due to some change in your data other than the increased credit limit on one card and decreased credit limit on the other.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 8 of 38
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Same happened to me. I moved $500 to a bucketed QS and lost points as if the bank had punished me and reduced my limit. Not sure why I lost points considering my credit limit overall hadn't dropped 

Message 9 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica  I wish there was another difference. I have gone over my Experience report twice. Later today I will have a friend look at my reports. 

My first thought when I was reading the Exp notification was that Cap1 lowered my CL on either or both cards beyond my CL transfer. Neither card is used a lot. After digesting all of this I wonder what nobody has mentioned; why didn't the increase and decrease simultaneously happen? 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.