Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS dropped 11 Points When CL Transferred Cap1

tag
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: CS dropped 11 Points When CL Transferred Cap1

@TheKid2  FWIW, I tried the Experian boost and actually loss a few points. I removed the two or three added "credit" boosters and it went right back where it had been. Never again with them. 

Back to my 11 point drop, I think the CLD on my Cap1 card lowered my score. 

Message 31 of 38
TheKid2
Established Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

@TheKid2  FWIW, I tried the Experian boost and actually loss a few points. I removed the two or three added "credit" boosters and it went right back where it had been. Never again with them. 

Back to my 11 point drop, I think the CLD on my Cap1 card lowered my score. 

All the CRAs offer a "premium" service that gives you some FICO scores across all 3. Of the 3, I find Experian to have the best interface and website overall. At least you get a FICO 8 from Experian for free. TU and EQ are woefully bad. If I wanted to "manage my credit", why I would choose one of the CRA premium services over myFICO is beyond me. Yes, MF is the most expensive, but it blows what the CRAs deliver away. Currently, the only thing we need from the CRA websites is the ability to lock/unlock our profiles. If somehow VS did take hold, this could change. But, I don't see that happening any time soon.

I wish we got better alignment from the creditors on reporting scores. If everyone was like PenFed, which shows me my EQ9 score and clearly says "this is the score we use" it would be great. Granted some others do that, but it is not universal for creditors. Even at that if I were to go to any lender for a mortgage, they will pull FICO 5/4/2 and you won't get those scores from any creditor site.

All of this is very confusing for the consumer and especially for someone just starting out with credit.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 32 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@TheKid2  Agree! 

Message 33 of 38
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I tried credit.com, 7day free trial. Gives a lot of fico scores, from 2 to 9, auto and bank card. No fico 10.

So far, I'm not willing to pay for scores. The free ones from banks mostly update monthly or even quarterly. 

Message 34 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@FicoMike0 my take is that most of the scores I don't need. Throw in you pay every month, but do not get a score every month.

Message 35 of 38
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Exactly! They charge monthly, but don't give scores monthly. I will try rinse and repeat on credit.com the next time I want a consistent set of ficos. Not needed often.

Message 36 of 38
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1The best service IMO to get all FICO scores monthly is myFICO Premier.  It gives monthly report and score updates.  What service are you referencing that doesn't give scores monthly?  Is that the myFICO Advanced or is it another?  I wouldn't go so far as to say the Premier is aa good deal as most people don't need that and $39.95/mo isn't inexpensive, but it's a better deal than the Advanced imo.  I maintain the premier subscription because I enjoy digging into my scores and finding out what makes this and that move my scores up and down,so I'm willing to throw away to some extent that money partly for entertainment purposes.  That being said, I generally don't suggest people sign up for it.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 37 of 38
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

To some, almost $480.00 a year is expensive. My mortgage score is not needed because my home is PIF.  No need to see most of my scores. I figure that the FICO 8 score will allow me to have a handle on my other scores. My auto loan is included in FICO 8. It is one reason my score is only (😁) in the 840's according to the CRA. It is almost 75% paid. 

Hobbies are fun. I spend my funds different.  When I signed back on the Forums and had to begin from the start I spent a lit of time advancing up the ranks. In just under three months I'm satisfied where I am.

Good luck!

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.