cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800+ to 720 overnight… I messed up BIG TIME!

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: 800+ to 720 overnight… I messed up BIG TIME!

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@citymunkyI don't think auto pay was the issue?  I'm not a fan of relying on auto pay as my primary payment, but am a fan of a minimum payment auto pay as a backstop in case I forgot or something came up that kept me from my usual PIF before it's due.

The OP apparently had this problem not because of autopay on their credit card, but because they had auto renew/auto pay with Godaddy for a domain renewal. For the purposes of this thread, it would help if posters specified which of those autopay scenarios they are referring to.

If @citymunky's concern autopay is for the latter scenario, I understand their point, but many services and subscriptions make it difficult to impossible to not have auto renew/pay.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.