Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2023 Check In Thread

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: March 2023 Check In Thread

I have everything I need after my recent 2 apps and my rebuild journey has me in a good place. I owe it all to this community and its members. The guidance in the early post discharge days was invaluable in setting me up for a successful rebuild. My BK will drop off CR a little over a year from now ( EE TU 3/23) and I plan to garden indefininetly. What a turn-around it's been Smiley Happy

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 11 of 13
Staralchemist

I'm starting the challenge officially today, however, I have taken some steps towards my 2023 goals.

1) I paid my Capital One Spark card down to $0 this past week. Unfortunately, because I paid towards the end of the payment cycle, I was charged interest anyway. I made the interest payment this morning. I should see the minimal balance report from the interest this month. Waiting to see the effect from bringing my utilization down to less than 1% on that card.

2) I also sent a godwill request for the removal of late payments given the circumstances that caused them - waiting to hear back.

Starting Score: EQ 583 | TU 618 | EX 581
Current Score: EQ 610 | TU 636 | EX 614
Goal Score: EQ 700 | TU 710 | EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

I was able to pay off one of my balance transfers and paid down another. EX improved 6 points and TU improved 16 points.  Back into the 700's. 

Still a bit irritated how much my paid loan impacted my scores (grrr) but know they will improve as I pay down my individual card utilization on the accounts I took out balance transfers on.  

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.