I know you are all hard at work with your
 credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as
 you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen
 expenses that cropped up and may have
 thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly
 check-ins is optional but encouraged. The
 goal is to help keep you on track, so feel
 free to post your progress updates here.
 This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to
 say what's keeping you up at night or give
 yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps?
 Achieve some milestones, either small or
 mighty? Change your goals/add new ones
?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: April 2023 Check In Thread

Another month on the calendar, and another month without any HPs.

I requested and received a SP CLI on my BofA CCR last month, which should appear on my CR shortly. Also closed a joint HELOC (was zero balance, so no need to refinance), which should also appear on my CR this month.

I'm not sure how or if these will affect my credit score, but I expect to find out soon… back to gardening…

Message 2 of 11
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

I get my silver spade in about a month.  I've been gardening for an over impressive (for me) 2 months now!  Not much going on otherwise.  I met the spending requirement for my most recent acquisition, the Redstone Visa, so I should be getting the sub soon.

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 3 of 11
ozzman469
Valued Member

Paid off the remaining $2500 of a personal loan. Also have a $0 balance now on Cabelas card and my Citi AAdvantage card (they had a balance of $500 and $1200 respectively).

I did open a Costco account that gave me a SL of $4200 (had no intentions of doing so but I was looking for beef short ribs and Costco was the only place that had them. They were amazing by the way...lol).

My 20% pay raise (equates to about an extra $1000/mo net) begun April 1. I'll be using the extra income to really put a dent into my remaining credit card debt, which is about $10k.

Also noticed my on-time payments went from 94% to 95%. I have a bunch of baddies from 2018 which won't drop off until 2025 unfortunately. 

Starting Score: EQ667/TU681/EX654
Current Score: EQ667/TU686/EX654
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Still in the garden still trying to pay down debt. Someone had the nerve to try to use my identity and open a Citibank card so I quickly disputed the inqury, put a fraud alert on my credit reports, and froze all credit reports. Outside of that I am doing well with paying things off. 

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 11
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

My overall utilization increased in March but going to report back down later this month since i was approved for $10,000 from Tower Federal Credit Union transfering a balance from my Chase Freedom Flex. sitting between 670-680, looking to start building business credit with tradelines, i had no luck getting a Chase Business Ink. This month i will attempt again to ask for a SP CLI with Discover, Amex, and Chase. I still have my eyes on the Amex Gold, and possibly Amazon Business Prime.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 6 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Haven't checked in a few months. Sorry...life has gotten busy. Paid off my wife's new car, in March, that we got last August. Should report sometime in the next week or so, I'd imagine.

Also, paid down my new car to about $8,900 that I got last September. That is reporting to the CRAs already. I'll pay it down to about $1,000 in the next month or so and keep it at that level for awhile. This will be the only installment loan reporting for me, so I don't want to lose the credit mix points just yet. Last time I paid off my last installment loan, I lost over 30 points on average across the bureaus. Currently, my next payment is due on 6/1/25. So, I have a little time. I think I'll get an SSL at some point this summer. Then, I'll pay off the car.

Scores are up as my vehicle is reporting 16%, util is <5% and I got back some points for my CSP inquiry last April 5.

Take care all.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 11
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

My scores are slowly rising, I've estabalished a few relationships with banks and started to research credit unions that consider people with bankruptcies still reporting for auto refinace loans (and their time frames)- my main goal for the year. 

Message 8 of 11
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Wow, April already. I received a 3x Cli on my Amex BCE which is great and give a me plenty of breathing room. No new apps or anything. 

Main focus is closing on our home. Thankfully, the seller is paying 60% of closing costs and taking care of all repairs we requested from the home inspection and HOA. Fantastic in this market. Closing as of now is set for 4/20. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2024: EX 668, TU 671, EQ 646
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Message 9 of 11
broadnms
Established Member

Good morning!

February and March were rough on me financially, but now I am back on track.

1) I had a Credit One credit card that defaulted and was assigned to Midland Credit. I have paid that account off, and the collection was removed from my report!

2) My First Premier Bankcard was assigned to TrueAccord. However, I was still able to login my old account, and I paid them off this morning.

I have two active credit cards: one with Grain Technology and one with Navy Federal. I have never been late with either account, but steadly working on my credit utilization. I know 30% is the target, but my April payments will report around 15%. The statements were generated yesterday, so we will see what my scores look like afterwards!

Starting Score: EQ-590: TU-602: EX-613
Current Score: EQ-590(Jan '23): TU-602(Jan '23): EX-613(Jan '23)
Goal Score: EQ-630: TU-650: EX-620

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.