June 2023 Check-In Thread

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: June 2023 Check-In Thread

@Chazzay12 wrote:

Another month already.. 

In May I was approved for the CSP with an 80k sub, which is now my highest limit card. No other changes in credit much. Curious to see many many points drop after that reports. Also, my student loans are getting moved to another account so they closed my current loans and it doesn't show any on my credit right now. For some reason this dropped my score a few points, not sure why. I have open installment loan with the car. 

I'm back in the garden after that approval. First month living in our new home as well which has made our finances tighter. The end of this year a lot of INQs will fall off, so that'll be nice. Just gonna set the speed for cruise control for now. 

The only thing I'd really like still is a 2% card, but that'll come eventually. For now im stacking up Chase UR and using the FU for all misc purchases. 

Congrats on your approval. The temp drop in points is an installment loan % on what the balance is to the credit line. It will fix itself once it appears again. Nice job!

Message 11 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

So, Genesis Finance updated the account and it is marked as closed. I gained a grand total of 0 points on both EQ and EX. I must say this surprises me quite a bit, as the previous reported balance was $58K. TU is at its high water mark at 824, up from 811. I'm not sure where those points came from, as I don't believe I got 13 points from the PIF car loan.

I'm paying off my HH Surpass card, which was on a 0% for a year. That should give some points on all reports as that card goes from 36% util to 0%. We shall see...

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Got any other installments like mortgage or car? If so that the new util% score.

Message 13 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

HH Surpass reported its $0 balance to EX today. Got a 12 point bump to 844. That's my high water mark on any report. EQ and TU lag behind on reporting as usual. I'll find out what happens with EQ in the next couple of days and TU in a few weeks when my 3B report refreshes with EX. Pretty pumped about the score boost.

Message 14 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Seems EQ didn't like my progress quite as much. I only gained 3 points from paying off $9K in CC debt. I still don't know about TU yet. They haven't reported the change.

ETA: It seems EQ is really holding the fact that I obtained a loan from Genesis Finance against me rather aggressively. Yeah, it's a finance company. BS.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.