Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred student loans

tag
kaybub
New Contributor

Transferred student loans

I had student loans back from 2006. They were owned and then transferred by Nelnet and Aidvantage. Aidvantage has "late 120 days" in the payment status field. My loans were rehabbed and then transferred to Edfinancial and were discharged in 3/2024. Is there a way I can go about getting the old accounts removed from my credit profile?

thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Alcuria

Re: Transferred student loans

Were you in the ED Fresh Start program?

Message 2 of 5
kaybub
New Contributor

yes!

Message 3 of 5
JM761
Regular Contributor

From what I understand, with Fresh Start, the loans are out of default - which is what removed them from your credit profile - but the lates stay. That being said, I have read some people are getting lates removed by speaking directly with the servicer or, if that doesn't work, disputing with each credit agency, providing the letter that Fresh Start was completed, and asking they update the file to show the account is in good standing. I've been searchign something similar - although mine was for loan forgiveness - and with one bureau I had success getting the tradeline removed completely. It just happened so time will tell if this is something that will stay off my report. Good luck and congrats on the fresh start Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 5
Alcuria

Were your loan(s) transferred to a non-default servicer?

Was the defaulted loan an ED held loan?

For an example, if Yes and Yes, and you have been delinquent for less than seven years, and request your loan(s) to be transferred to a non-default servicer (e.g. Aidvantage, etc), after the loan(s) are transferred to the non-default servicer, ED will request the CRAs to delete the defaulted loan tradeline(s).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.