cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECSI Federal Perkins Loan Servicer? Need serious help

tag
HelpWithCR3it

ECSI Federal Perkins Loan Servicer? Need serious help

I always pay off student loan bills, but since I have so many, one got lost in the shuffle. 

I moved years ago and they were going to my old house where family lived. Guess they didn't realize what it was. I paid off alot at the time so I guess I just assumed I paid this one off. I don't blame the company or them. I take full blame and learned to be more dilegent 

I got a bill today from ESCI Federal Perkins Loan Servicer. Generated 4-5-24

It says 

Current amount due: 40 Dollars

Past Due Amount 1,000 Dollars

Total amount due $80 Dollars

Confusing but due date is 05/01/2024. This whole thing is confusing because I'm pretty sure this loan is like 8 years old.

There is nothing on my credit report about this. I have a very very high credit score so this is upsetting to me

The accounts page on the bills Payoff amount through 5/1  $3,000

Past interest due, $1,245

I have no problem paying this entire thing off but now I am really worried

On the back it says:

Did you forget?

Your account is 15 days past due. Due dilligence regulations require us to report delinquent accounts to the credit bureau.

Credit bureau rating as fo the above due date: Past Due 30 days

Am I completely screwed now? Did I just wreck my perfect credit? I don't know what to do. I am trying to get a mortage in 6 months

What should i do?

My current FICO score is 830

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
amanda2369weaver
New Visitor

Re: ECSI Federal Perkins Loan Servicer? Need serious help

It's understandable to be worried about the potential impact on your credit score, especially given your situation. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue and minimize any potential damage:

Contact ECSI Immediately:

• Call ECSI Federal Perkins Loan Servicer as soon as possible. Explain the situation, including your change of address and the fact that you were unaware of the outstanding balance.
  • Request a detailed breakdown of the amounts due and ask for clarification on any charges or interest accrued.

Verify Your Loan Status:

• Confirm the status of your loan. Since you mentioned it might be around 8 years old, verify whether this is indeed the case and check if there have been any errors in billing or communication.

Make a Payment Plan:

• If you can afford to pay off the entire amount, consider doing so to clear the debt immediately. This can prevent further interest accrual and additional negative reporting.
  • If immediate full payment is not possible, discuss a payment plan with ECSI that you can manage. Ensure they agree not to report additional delinquencies to credit bureaus as long as you adhere to the payment plan.

Request Goodwill Adjustment:

• Given your strong payment history and high credit score, request a goodwill adjustment from ECSI. Explain that this was an oversight due to a change in address and ask if they would consider not reporting this delinquency to the credit bureaus or removing any negative marks if they have already been reported.

Monitor Your Credit Report:

• Keep a close eye on your credit report over the next few months. If the delinquency does get reported, you may be able to dispute it, particularly if ECSI agrees to a goodwill adjustment or if there was an error in their reporting.

Prepare Documentation:

• Document all communications with ECSI, including phone calls, emails, and letters. This can be useful if you need to dispute any credit reporting errors later on.

Seek Professional Advice:

• If the situation becomes more complicated or if you face difficulties negotiating with ECSI, consider seeking advice from a financial advisor or a credit counselor. They can offer guidance and potentially mediate on your behalf.

By acting quickly and communicating clearly with ECSI, you can work towards resolving this issue with minimal impact on your credit score. Given your current high score of 830, handling this promptly should help you maintain your excellent credit rating, especially with your plans to get a mortgage in the near future. HP® Official Site

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.