Did you mean: 

Shrinking Member Count.

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Shrinking Member Count.

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Remember that we have users  (aka New Visitor) who are registering daily.

I am guessing 20 to 30 per day @CreditAggie .

Maybe there is a delay with the count??

I am doubtful that we have over *1700* new members register in the span of 12 hours hence my theory about possible unpurging of accounts. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 71 of 135
Rogue46
Established Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Remember that we have users  (aka New Visitor) who are registering daily.

I am guessing 20 to 30 per day @CreditAggie .

Maybe there is a delay with the count??

I am doubtful that we have over *1700* new members register in the span of 12 hours hence my theory about possible unpurging of accounts. 

Agreed that's a mighty big jump

Message 72 of 135
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Former lurker that finally joined the forum a few months ago. I valued the help and lessons learned from questions, answers, data points of other members. Recently noticed that most activity seems to be in Approvals but I rarely peruse that section because seldom are any data points provided that might help other people. New topics within the forum are very sparse nowadays.

Message 73 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah @GreatLife that is true...  I'm wondering if everyone is just worn out after the events of the past 3 years/anticipation of what's coming.  I can tell you guys I had about a 2 month hiatus and didn't even realize it until I got a private message asking if I was ok...  just a 2 month brain fog for me personally. 

Message 74 of 135
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Ok I gotcha. So basically at some point we're just gonna have AI fighting this battle for us on both sides eventually.

...until it decides that our existence is the problem 🤣

LOL, I design AI systems, and contrary to the common belief, AI will not become sentient anytime within our life times.  Smiley Happy

Oh, I don't know!   I did AI research in the early 80s, working on a program that solved symbolic equations given to advanced high school students (sin(x) + sin(3x) + sin(5x) = 0 being an example.  You have 2 minutes...)   One late afternoon, we gave it an equation (from one of the exams) that we had never considered or programmed for.   As I got in the next morning, my assistant supervisor started yelling "Look at this, look at this!!!"    Using the techniques it knew about, the system had managed to solve the problem in a very convoluted way, arriving at the correct solution.     OK, not quite sentient, but pretty **bleep** spooky at the time!

Message 75 of 135
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Ok I gotcha. So basically at some point we're just gonna have AI fighting this battle for us on both sides eventually.

LOL, I design AI systems, and contrary to the common belief, AI will not become sentient anytime within our life times.  Smiley Happy

Oh, I don't know!   I did AI research in the early 80s, working on a program that solved symbolic equations given to advanced high school students (sin(x) + sin(3x) + sin(5x) = 0 being an example.  You have 2 minutes...)   One late afternoon, we gave it an equation (from one of the exams) that we had never considered or programmed for.   As I got in the next morning, my assistant supervisor started yelling "Look at this, look at this!!!"    Using the techniques it knew about, the system had managed to solve the problem in a very convoluted way, arriving at the correct solution.     OK, not quite sentient, but pretty **bleep** spooky at the time!

Nope, not spooky at all, just a formula which took a long time; not even remotely AI.  And FWIW, I first learned how to program in 1972 and am well aware of the technology capabilities as they've developed over the years.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 76 of 135
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Nope, not spooky at all, just a formula which took a long time; not even remotely AI.  And FWIW, I first learned how to program in 1972 and am well aware of the technology capabilities as they've developed over the years.

That comment would make me doubt your "History of AI credentials"  This was in the era of rule-based expert systems, and was part of my work towards getting a Phd in AI in the University's Department of AI, so "not even remotely AI" is not quite true!   In those days, surprises/spookiness were caused when complex interactions between rules caused behavior we had not foreseen.   So, to us, this was like a stubborn child trying various things, getting blocked, trying something else, and finally, through a path we didn't even know existed, finding a way that produced a solution.  Not a "fomula which tool a long time" in any meaningful Yes, obviously a limitation on our ability to understand the complex system but that was close to magic in those days, just as deep learning can produce amazing results that were not predictable either.  (And I made a learning version of the program later...)

And FWIW, I first learned how to program in 1972

I don't recall asking, but good to know

Message 77 of 135
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

That comment would make me doubt your "History of AI credentials"  This was in the era of rule-based expert systems, and was part of my work towards getting a Phd in AI in the University's Department of AI, so "not even remotely AI" is not quite true!   In those days, surprises/spookiness were caused when complex interactions between rules caused behavior we had not foreseen.   So, to us, this was like a stubborn child trying various things, getting blocked, trying something else, and finally, through a path we didn't even know existed, finding a way that produced a solution.  Not a "fomula which tool a long time" in any meaningful Yes, obviously a limitation on our ability to understand the complex system but that was close to magic in those days, just as deep learning can produce amazing results that were not predictable either.  (And I made a learning version of the program later...)

And FWIW, I first learned how to program in 1972

I don't recall asking, but good to know

Doubt all you want, your doubts are irrelevant.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 78 of 135
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

Doubt all you want, your doubts are irrelevant.

Good response!

Now you were the one who started the argument from authority ( LOL, I design AI systems, and contrary to the common belief, AI will not become sentient anytime within our life times.) so I will bow to your superior knowledge.

And hopefully allow the thread to  get back on topic!

Message 79 of 135
Rogue46
Established Contributor

It looks like the member count is back over 513000 so whatever happened was reveresed?

Message 80 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.