Shrinking Member Count.

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Shrinking Member Count.

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Ok I gotcha. So basically at some point we're just gonna have AI fighting this battle for us on both sides eventually.

...until it decides that our existence is the problem 🤣

LOL, I design AI systems, and contrary to the common belief, AI will not become sentient anytime within our life times.  Smiley Happy

? Skynet ?   Smiley Surprised

LOL, if I could approximate evern 10% of SkyNet, I'd be uber rich.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 31 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I LOVE the SkyNet theory.  Ima be honest tho... what @GApeachy  said made me think... what is up with that Garden Club thing?  That was great.  Unless there's something else happening. 

I remember that thread @NoMoreE46  which is why it struck me about the member count.  Maybe its even AI doing it. Ai has been writing the Google search algorithm for years.

Message 32 of 135
DONZI
Established Contributor

Maybe the member count change correlates to the shift of moderation, etc since Khoros woke up for whatever reason?

...like maybe the forum and/or user DB maintenance hadn't been fully attended to for a long time?

No idea how Khoros bills myFICO is for the service, but if it's based at all on member count maybe MF wanted an audit or something..

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 33 of 135
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

I LOVE the SkyNet theory.  Ima be honest tho... what @GApeachy  said made me think... what is up with that Garden Club thing?  That was great.  Unless there's something else happening. 

I remember that thread @NoMoreE46  which is why it struck me about the member count.  Maybe its even AI doing it. Ai has been writing the Google search algorithm for years.

@805orbust if you missed this thread regarding the Garden Club, you might find it interesting. 

Message 34 of 135
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Creditwiser wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Welp, I wanted to come back after a long break and read a bunch of happy chit-chat that makes MF unique only to find quite a few MF'ers are gone.  POOF!  Then I see the Garden Club gone too! .....like why?  Who thought it was a good idea to remove the GC?? Doesn't appear to have improved the site....if that was the incentive....oh boy what a 🪛.

Agree. I took a break as well , although unintentional as life just had me very busy. I still lurked and researched as many do. I still wonder why some of the Super Contributors and above no longer post but perhaps they too needed a break. Garden Club was a good thing , especially for rebuilders and app happy folks. Go figure Smiley Indifferent 

😂

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 35 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead  thank you much for that thread dude.  Answered alot of questions... I was just wondering where the Mods were a few days ago.  Weird, and for sure the forums have "felt" different for a minute.

Message 36 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Wow... and down to 170,000 members... crazy

Message 37 of 135
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Anyone making bets for:

125,000 or 

100,000  ?

Message 38 of 135
Rogue46
Established Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Wow... and down to 170,000 members... crazy

Down to 165,500 just in the past 24 hours

Edit: Somethings going on, I noted the count at 165,467 and went to the kitchen for a drink less then 5 minutes and refreshed the main page now it reads 165,442 so 25 members left in less then 5 minutes??

Message 39 of 135
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Member count is kind of like total revolving credit amount

It has little meaning.

I bet 90%+   post are from < 10% of the members.

Message 40 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.