Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinking Member Count.

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Shrinking Member Count.

Anyone notice the # of members is down by 1/3?  About a year ago I noticed we hit 300,000, and now it stands at about 213,000.  Maybe dormant or robot/spam accounts?

I have the best memory for absolute useless miscellany.  If only I could monetize that 🤣

Message 1 of 135
134 REPLIES 134
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Shrinking Member Count.

Could be they closed severely dormant accounts combined with people just leaving.I've noticed several folks who used to be on daily, but haven't been on much at all in quite a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 2 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead  totally agree. I just got over a 2 month accidental hiatus myself... not on purpose either, just got busy as hell, not to mention worn out.  And that was after going hard at it for 3 years straight.  Never had a streak like that but... Pandemic had me on here like a kindergarten schoolgirl.

Not surprised at members going dark tho...  its getting rough out there.

Message 3 of 135
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

@JoeRockhead  totally agree. I just got over a 2 month accidental hiatus myself... not on purpose either, just got busy as hell, not to mention worn out.  And that was after going hard at it for 3 years straight.  Never had a streak like that but... Pandemic had me on here like a kindergarten schoolgirl.

@805orbust I have many friends who retired and went back to work. I wanted to retire this year. Had it all planned out. Dont know now.

Message 4 of 135
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

@805orbust I have many friends who retired and went back to work. I wanted to retire this year. Had it all planned out. Dont know now.

LOL, we had it all planned out as well, then the recession hit in 2008-2009, and then "life" happened and we lost our retirement, our jobs, our businesses, and our home.  We ended up separating, filing independently for bankruptcy (her a Chapter 7, me a Chapter 13) when we were 56 and 57 respectively, and then ulitmately getting back together.  My wife is no longer working and it remains to be seen if she will ever work again; I figure I'll work until I'm in my early 70s before we are comfortable enough to retire.

The good news?  I like what I do and the pay is more than adequate.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 5 of 135
Kforce
Valued Contributor

For me, I think every new post is a "Déjà vu" moment.

If you could only have 1 card?,  How do I get a CLI?,  

Will I get this card?,  Why is my score so low?

Have been thinking about taking a vacation from the forum my self.

My view of a simple few cards, not chasing high CL's, not doing AZEO monthly, not chasing SUBs, no BT's,

not rotating and playing with 25+ cards. etc.  I am about 180 degrees from the forum's norm.

Can't fully contribute to the majority of the forum questions, because my view is usually the exact opposite.

One persons view of you should wait for about 6 months, gets lost with 10-12, you only have 3 new cards this year and 4 inq's, you are good to go!, better get the Chase because you are at 4/24.

Message 6 of 135
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

For me, I think every new post is a "Déjà vu" moment.

If you could only have 1 card?,  How do I get a CLI?,  

Will I get this card?,  Why is my score so low?

My view of a simple few cards, not chasing high CL's, not doing AZEO monthly, not chasing SUBs, no BT's,

not rotating and playing with 25+ cards. etc.  I am about 180 degrees from the forum's norm.

Can't fully contribute to the majority of the forum questions, because my view is usually the exact opposite.

One persons view of you should wait for about 6 months, gets lost with 10-12, you only have 3 new cards this year and 4 inq's, you are good to go!, better get the Chase because you are at 4/24.

I've been on here less.

There's also not a whole lot going on as far as interesting new/improved cards that would drive lurkers to join en masse.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 135
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

I'm the same way.  I don't chase 5 figure CLs/6 figure TCLs.  I have a whopping 4 cards (and that's more than I ever used to have) and a 26+K TCL (also more than I ever had).  I'm like MyFICO Lite.  I don't need any more CLIs, or new cards/trade lines.  I can just garden indefinitely, but the Garden Club is gone too.  There's just fewer reasons for me to be here.

Going into the approvals forum and replying "Congratulations on your CLI!" over and over gets old.  I have nothing special to contribute in terms of helping people with their credit... nothing that the other 200K+ members could say just as well if not better.

And I get tired of having to log in every day.  Persistent logins aren't a bad thing on forums.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 8 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Ok so it's real then... we're all getting a little lethargic.  Honestly, we've all been thru alot in the last 4 years.  The good thing is, think of how much fun it's going to be here in a couple of years when the dollar is worthless and we'll all have to chase after $200,000 CLI's, or Crypto cards, or whatever way it's ultimately heading 🤣

Message 9 of 135
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Aaaaaand, it's down to 205,000.  And I looked thru old posts and there are a TON of accounts that are titled "Anonymous".  Several I know because I remember the topics they started/commented on...  again my great memory for useless things.  🤣

Message 10 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.