cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Reserve AmEx Cardholders (and new apps too!) get the choice of a limited edition style

tag
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Delta Reserve AmEx Cardholders (and new apps too!) get the choice of a limited edition style

American Express and Delta Air Lines® Bring Back Popular Airplane Metal Card Design | Nation/World |...

Looks like AmEx and Delta have brought back the iconic 747 Delta reserve card made out of old 747's.  The ones from 2022 were black, but these are white.  You can get them by applying for a new reserve card (biz and personal), or if you already have a reserve card, request a new card, and under reason select change style and you can select the new 747 style card.

This offer goes from today until June 5th, while supplies last.

delta-reserve-747.png

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Delta Reserve AmEx Cardholders (and new apps too!) get the choice of a limited edition style

Lol, this still won't make me use the card for Skypesos, sticking to the AA Exec for now.

Although, I never did like the change to purple.....

Update:

Okay, I was bored and made the change to have someone elses garbage in my wallet.....

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 13
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delta Reserve AmEx Cardholders (and new apps too!) get the choice of a limited edition style

I changed my card, left the wifes card purple. She probably wouldn't appreciate the 747
What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 3 of 13
OrangeRange
Regular Contributor

I want this card just as a collector's item, but don't want to pay $650 for it.  Also sucks that I'd be ineligible for the Gold and Platinum if I were to get it.....But that plane. Smiley Embarassed 

As of Apr 2024: 1/6 | 5/12 | 6/24
Amex: Gold, Green, BCE, Hilton Surpass
Chase: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited | Citi: AA Platinum Select
Barclays: Aviator Red | GS: Apple Card | Paypal Credit
USAA: Rewards Amex | Wells Fargo: Active Cash
Message 4 of 13
Dilbert934
Contributor

I toured the 747 at the Delta Museum.  You don't really appreciate the size until you see the bare interior.  They had the rear section bare with some plexiglass flooring to show the mechanics under the floor.  Incredible machine.

Amex Skymiles ReserveAmex Skymiles PlatinumAmex Blue Cash PreferredAmex GoldAmex EverydayBank Of America Preferred RewardsChase FreedomChase Freedom UnlimitedDiscover Cash BackBP VisaLowesBest BuyTarget Red CardWF Jewelry AdvantageHome DepotWalmartSynchrony Car CareChevron (Since High School)PayPal Credit
Message 5 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

@OrangeRange wrote:

I want this card just as a collector's item, but don't want to pay $650 for it.  Also sucks that I'd be ineligible for the Gold and Platinum if I were to get it.....But that plane. Smiley Embarassed 

Comes with an anniversary companion ticket so think of if as a prepaid fare, good to FC.  Also, $200 credit for booking a hotel stay on their portal so down to $450 w/ a companion ticket.

90,000 SUB right now.  That more than pays 1st and then anniversary ticket w/ 4 lounge guest passes after 1st year. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 6 of 13
OrangeRange
Regular Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@OrangeRange wrote:

Comes with an anniversary companion ticket so think of if as a prepaid fare, good to FC.  Also, $200 credit for booking a hotel stay on their portal so down to $450 w/ a companion ticket.

90,000 SUB right now.  That more than pays 1st and then anniversary ticket w/ 4 lounge guest passes after 1st year. 

Good points, and very fair. 

When I log in though, the 90K drops to 60K for me. Guess Amex isn't too fond of giving me lucrative SUB offers at the moment. 

As of Apr 2024: 1/6 | 5/12 | 6/24
Amex: Gold, Green, BCE, Hilton Surpass
Chase: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited | Citi: AA Platinum Select
Barclays: Aviator Red | GS: Apple Card | Paypal Credit
USAA: Rewards Amex | Wells Fargo: Active Cash
Message 7 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

@OrangeRange wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@OrangeRange wrote:

Good points, and very fair. 

When I log in though, the 90K drops to 60K for me. Guess Amex isn't too fond of giving me lucrative SUB offers at the moment. 

At least it's an offer.  60k SUB plus the collector card of your dreams....

Message 8 of 13
Dilbert934
Contributor

@redpat wrote:

At least it's an offer.  60k SUB plus the collector card of your dreams....

I got 100k when I applied in late March.  I was thinking about just upgrading the Platinum but after crunching some numbers figured we'll get at least $950 value between the two cards before the Companion tix and SkyClub access.  Glad I went with the new app.  5 months left for SUB and already at $3k of $6k spend requirement.

Amex Skymiles ReserveAmex Skymiles PlatinumAmex Blue Cash PreferredAmex GoldAmex EverydayBank Of America Preferred RewardsChase FreedomChase Freedom UnlimitedDiscover Cash BackBP VisaLowesBest BuyTarget Red CardWF Jewelry AdvantageHome DepotWalmartSynchrony Car CareChevron (Since High School)PayPal Credit
Message 9 of 13
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

@Dilbert934  it's quite an airplane. I remember flying one once, Paris to jfk, then on to lax. First class was first deck forward, where the cabin goes all the way to the nose. Pretty comfortable on a long flight.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.