Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cashback sites do you recommend?

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I was a user of Rakuten for a few years. Anyway, in the recent months, it did not trigger several purchases and the customer service was also not responding to several emails. It seems that it is nerfed.

PS: Swagbucks for the majority of purchases need follow-up and ticket submission. I tested TCB several months ago while it did not trigger any purchases.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cashback sites do you recommend?

@xenon3030 wrote:

I was a user of Rakuten for a few years. Anyway, in the recent months, it did not trigger several purchases and the customer service was also not responding to several emails. It seems that it is nerfed.

PS: Swagbucks for the majority of purchases need follow-up and ticket submission. I tested TCB several months ago while it did not trigger any purchases.

I've never had any problems with rakuten, are you using an adblocker of any sort? 

I would use a browser profile that only has shopping websites + rakuten to prevent any issues with rakuten not crediting correctly

agree with swagbucks always requiring a ticket ime, I cba to do swagbucks for that reason

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 6
citymunky
Established Contributor

There is also www.rebatesme.com/

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 3 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Shopping via Rebtaesme is hit or miss. It captures several while it misses also several. Ticket submissions covered some while not all.

I am checking CapitalOne and TCB (VPN/Adblock off). Let's see how they trigger purchases and how soon they can provide CB.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 6
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

I've racked up over 2K with Rakuten over the years, have had very few problems. I've recently cashed in $185 with CoinOut, took a year. And I've used Ibotta for years. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 5 of 6
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

So why is this is 'Relationships and Money'?  Smiley Wink  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.