cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Verizon

tag
gypsy_owl

The dreaded Verizon

Good evening all! I have a small balance that was owed with Verizon, $84. It was during end of covid, I switched to Spectrum, had to move very quickly due to long time landlord selling house for cash. Thought autopay was all set on Verizon's last payment but never went through and I missed any notices. Looking through posts, it seems unlikely I will have any luck with having removed from my report. It is reporting as a collections on EQ & TU but as a charge off on Ex and reporting monthly that way. 

My current scores are TU-657, EQ-663, EXP-661. I would like to pay this but just wondering the ramifications of doing it. Will it help in the long run? It went into collection as of 4/2022. I appreciate any insight. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DR527
Regular Contributor

Re: The dreaded Verizon

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a entire story posted on my feed here about Verizon back in 2016. SMH. They bugged me for nearly a year to pay a bill they wasn't mine(belong to my previous landlord). One day I get a collection on my report. Call them to pay the collection and get the account removed. Verizon handles their own collection so they agreed to do it and never did. Even with it in writing!! Back in 2020 I just called them up one day and spoke to a kind old woman who took the time to listen to my complete story and she wrote a email to her boss. Her boss set a deletions to the Credit bureau moments later. A few days later they were gone. I must have wrote dozen of letters and spoke to hundred people before this one regular day when this woman just heard me out. Verizon is a pain to correct. But you may fine someone who will hear you out and remove it. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.