Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - Is this a scam?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help - Is this a scam?

I just received some mail from Legal Helpers. The BK firm that advertises nationally on TV. At the bottom it read ADVERTISING MATERIAL. BUT the body says the following.... A judgement has been entered against you or a foreclosure has been filed on your property. Legal Helpers can help you but you need to act now. We have received noticed that you have been sued by ERIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, who is represented by . The amount claimed in the law suit is $3334.88 IS THIS FOR REAL? Wouldnt I have received some certified mail or summons of some sort if I was indeed sued? I checked my report and there is no account or collection for that amount nor OC or CA named Erin Capital Management.... what should I do???? I cant pay this and my score are finally going up, 60 points last month, I cant take a judgment now!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help - Is this a scam?

A good place to start is to call your local court and ask them if there is in fact a judgment.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

def seems like a scam to me since it says advertsing material be very careful.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned, look everywhere for "Erin Capital Management v. babalaco". IMO, you were already sued by ECM and this other company scanned the public records to find your name and info to contact you to sell their services.

Now the fact that a judgment never reported is a good thing. It may never report. But I would look for it anyway. If it does eventually report, then you could always file a motion to vacate due to improper serving.

Google Erin Capital Management. You'll find that they are a JDB and are sue happy. Looks like they may be based in NYC and somewhere in CT. I'd check public records there too.

Other than that, I wouldn't do anything. Nothing's reporting.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.