Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako VS FICO here is one difference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fako VS FICO here is one difference

Here is what I have learned from looking at the difference between Fako Vs Fico scores.  UTI on my Fako score it calculates UTI diffenct from FICO.  For example:  Fako CC Limit of 200 and a Balance of 11 UTI is 6%, With one closed CC with limit of 700 and balance of 551.  UTI for Faco shows 11%.  But Fico Same CC Limit of 200, but one account closed with a limit of 700 and a balance of 551, Fico adds both account for a UTI of 79%.  So if 35% of your score is UTI, that would cause a big difference. 

I really only look at my Fico's but I have keep the Fako scores since they at times update changes a day or two before Fico. 

Michelle
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Fako VS FICO here is one difference

Honestly looking at a FAKO score is a total waste of time.  You cant even it use to predict a change in your FICO score since change in your FAKO score does not imply a change in yiour FICO score and vice versa.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I know looking at them is a waste of time, but I think it is key to unerstand all scores even if Fako's are a joke.

Michelle
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit, I subscribe to one of the FAKO score providers. How different are the scores? How often are the updated? Is there a true benefit for me to change providers?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stopped trying to figure out a relationship between the two. It just gives me a headache. Too bad Myfico doesn't have a service that provides unlimited access to your FICO scores. I'd dump all the others in a second and sign up. $89 for 2 scores and some inconsistent alerts seems a little steep though.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I stopped trying to figure out a relationship between the two. It just gives me a headache. Too bad Myfico doesn't have a service that provides unlimited access to your FICO scores. I'd dump all the others in a second and sign up. $89 for 2 scores and some inconsistent alerts seems a little steep though.

I am like you....If myfico had that kind of service I would jump on it in a heartbeat!!!!! Maybe someday they will do that.
Message 6 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

There is no relationship whatsever between FAKOS and Fico scores. None, nada, zero. There is no correlation. You cannot use one to predict the other.

Any similarity between your FAKOS and your real Fico scores is purely coincidental.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

kahuna wrote:

I'm in.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.