cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm 30 days late--only reporting to Experian. Help?

tag
LRC
Established Member

Affirm 30 days late--only reporting to Experian. Help?

Hello all,

Thank you for all of your help! I have a question about Affirm.

Apart from my chargeoffs--I know they're the worst, and I am working on them--my only other "baddie" is a 30-day late payment to Affirm that is showing up only on Experian, from 9/22.

Does anyone know how Affirm is with goodwill letters? I am just about paid off with them--my balance is currently $145.76 and will be paid off totally in the next month or two.

Can I dispute it since it's only showing up on Experian, and not the other two?

Any other ideas of how to get this one removed? Or is it just stuck there for 7 years? Thank you!

April '24
FICO Score 8:
Equifax 618 | TransUnion 628 | Experian 627
emergency fund at 33% of goal
ccs: Cap One Quicksilver cl $3000, Mission Lane cl $3000

Rebuild start Jan '24
Equifax 599 | TransUnion 609 | Experian 626
no emergency fund
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Affirm 30 days late--only reporting to Experian. Help?

@LRC wrote:

No, you can't dispute valid info just because it isn't reported by the other bureaus.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 2 of 4
LRC
Established Member

I do not believe it's valid, either. 

In looking at my payment records (and in my memory), it's not clear that it is. That said, I was very ill that year, which is what caused this whole mess in the first place.

I was just wondering about all of the possibilities for tackling it. I get that if the late payment is valid, there's no way to get rid of it.

April '24
FICO Score 8:
Equifax 618 | TransUnion 628 | Experian 627
emergency fund at 33% of goal
ccs: Cap One Quicksilver cl $3000, Mission Lane cl $3000

Rebuild start Jan '24
Equifax 599 | TransUnion 609 | Experian 626
no emergency fund
Message 3 of 4
GreyvyTrain
New Contributor

@LRC wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you for all of your help! I have a question about Affirm.

Apart from my chargeoffs--I know they're the worst, and I am working on them--my only other "baddie" is a 30-day late payment to Affirm that is showing up only on Experian, from 9/22.

Does anyone know how Affirm is with goodwill letters? I am just about paid off with them--my balance is currently $145.76 and will be paid off totally in the next month or two.

Any other ideas of how to get this one removed? Or is it just stuck there for 7 years? Thank you!

Pretty sure Affirm only reports to EX, and only the first loan with them(this is per web research, their site, and having a loan with them as well myself).  As far as the late payment, I'd try to dig up anything you can showing you paid on time.  Bank statements, drafts, etc.  Without solid proof that the information is incorrect I wouldn't think a dispute would help.  If anything contact Affirm first and see if you can work with them on getting proof of all payments, and make sure it all lines up with your own records.

Closing before next AF:
FICO SCORE 8 (5/3/24)

3 Paid COs until 2026, 1% UTI - AZEO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.