cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acct changing from late to current every other day, what gives??!!

tag
cambia46
Contributor

Acct changing from late to current every other day, what gives??!!

I already posted the full details of my initial dispute weeks ago, so I won't go into all of that again. The long and short of it is that I disputed an erroneous 30 days late on 5 April, which was corrected and I eventually gained points, but the status continues to change every other day from good to bad by the day.  This is a major issue right now because my auto lease ends on 1 May, I’m ready to purchase and was pre-approved with Hyundai (Equifax) for $55,000 last week, then two days later the 30 days late was added back to my reports, which dropped my EQ score 25 points. Now I’m only pre-approved for $25K!!  I know it’s because this late error and incorrect higher balance is making me look like a risk. The only CRA  reporting correctly is Experian, but the dealer I'm using pulls Equifax. 

I have no clue what to do next to get this crap off my report asap. I called Lending Club and they are reviewing my account. But I need to go car shopping this weekend. Is there anything I can do today directly with the CRAs to get corrected in 24-48 hours.  I have proof of on-time payments directly from Lending Club website and my bank statements. If I send that proof to the bureaus, are they likely to go ahead and correct or just  send to the Lending Club and start another 30 day dispute??  Thanks for all input. 

History of account changes are below FYI,

Equifax

• 11 April acct updated from 30 DAYS LATE to CURRENT, LOST 1 point (Vantage)
  • 17 April, acct updated from CURRENT back to LATE, GAINED 10 points
  • 22 April, got notification that the investigation is complete and LOST 25 points. Only change was re-adding that  late (Vantage)
  • 25 April pulled Myfico and a few points lost, not as much as Vantage. But still showing the late and the balance wrong

Transunion

• 12 April acct updated from 30 DAYS LATE, to CURRENT, LOST 5 points (Vantage)
  • 14 April acct updated from CURRENT back to LATE, GAINED 14 points (Vantage)
  • 26 April, hit an alert from Navy Fed that my score dropped 26 points. The only alert I see today is that a credit card balance decreased. 
  • Since I can't view my report at TU website because dispute is still pending, I just pulled Myfico TU report and so far no points lost that I can tell, but still showing the late and the balance wrong

Experian 

• 10 April acct updated from 30 DAYS LATE, to CURRENT, GAINED 6 points.
  • 17 April acct updated from CURRENT back to LATE, but no score change.
  • 24 April investigation complete, acct changed again from LATE back to CURRENT, GAINED 11 points.
2 REPLIES 2
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Acct changing from late to current every other days, what gives??!!

if you truly weren't late on that account ever, be it that 30 day or in the past, I'd file a CFPB complaint demanding the lender and the CRAs correct and fix the reporting 

other than getting a supervisor on the line from the lender who promises to push the update which reflects in the next couple of days, there likely isn't a very quick fix to this

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 3
cambia46
Contributor

Re: Acct changing from late to current every other days, what gives??!!

Thank you for the response. I actually did just that, filed a complaint with the CFPB, last night. It's just so infuriating that we consumers have to go through hell and high water to prove these things when the furnishers and CRAs have the ability to get it right time and time again, but still choose to do otherwise with no regard to how it impacts our lives. Then we have wade through those same waters again to hold them accountable, with little  consequence to them unless you have the time and money to sue. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.