Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

41 Point Experian Drop?!?

tag
twilliam1313
Established Member

41 Point Experian Drop?!?

I woke up this morning and pulled up my Experian account and had an alert saying that my score had dropped from a 679 down to a 638 and my credit rating has moved from Good to Fair.  I am really confused because this is the message that it is giving me:

" The percentage of your accounts always paid on time has decreased by 2%" 

"Your percentage of accounts with no delinquencies decreased, which usually means since your last report there is at least 1 new delinquency on an account that previously didn’t have any."

When I click see what has changed it does not show me anything new or any new late payments . So i decided to look at my 

Experian credit report from annualcreditreport.com from 4/17 and I just got a new one this morning on 4/25 and compare them side by side to see any changes or if there was anything new reporting late.  The reports are identical?!? There are no changes except for all of my credit card statements for April hit from last week to this week but all of those new payments in April are on time and there is nothing new that is negative.  

Could this just be an error with Experian and it will fix itself? I am just very confused right now because I have been working very hard to bring my scores up and finally got up to a 679 fico.  My Experian vantage is at a 699 and reporting nothing new and has no changes. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Re: 41 Point Experian Drop?!?

Did you check if an aged account was removed from your Experian report?

Message 2 of 4
twilliam1313
Established Member

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 12.11.04 PM.png
This is the only change on the report

Message 3 of 4
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

A few questions:

1) Is the 679 EX score from 4/17 or a different date?

2) What are the negative reason codes with the 679 score?

3) Is the 638 EX score from 4/25 or a different date?

4) What are the negative reaspn codes with the 638 score?

I ask these questions because it looks like you're comparing data from two different sources (Experian's website vs. ACR), and because the negative reason statements may be more insightful than CMS fluff. 

If there's an error, it's unlikely to be with Experian, since they only report what lenders send to them.  You'll need to figure out what changed in the reporting of at least one of your tradelines, and, if it is in error, take it up with that lender.  From what you've said here, it sounds like more digging will be required to find the source of the score change.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.