Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 90 Days Lates on Account Charged off in 2000!!!!!!, WFNNB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

17 90 Days Lates on Account Charged off in 2000!!!!!!, WFNNB

Received an alert that my score dropped by over 70 points. TU Fico went from 694 to 624 due to an obsolete WNFFB/Lerner account being placed back on my credit report.

I have a report from August 2006 which showed the original account. Showed as a charge off at that time with no late payments and a ZERO balance. In November 2007, I noticed an inquiry by our friends at NCO. I immediately sent them a letter inquring as to the reason for their hard inquiry and if it was for a debt, to validate. 3 weeks later, I received a letter from NCO's compliance department stating they were closing the account in their offices.

Over the weekend, I noticed my scores to a DIVE and pulled my ficos. The account is reporting as WFNNB/Lerner mail order and showing 90 day late payments for the period June 2006 through October 2007. Common sense says how is it possible to have 17 90 day late payments on an account with a ZERO balance???? I called NCO and they said, no this account is closed in our office we did not report. I called WFNNB and spoke to some guy named John who proceeded to tell me the account was closed, that WFNNB had written it off to bad debt back in 2000 and that they had to report it as closed and when I explained it was an obsolete account he said "No it is not, the time starts again when it is purchased by another lender". I told John that he had better learn the laws, I am not an uninformed consumer and the way I see it, I already see 17 violations.

I have filed a dispute with TransUnion for not only being obsolete, but also for the inaccuracies they are reporting.

What other recourse do I have at this point? Rignt now, it is not appearing on Experian which I know most creditors use, but until this is resolved I am worried about possible adverse action, limit reductions, etc.

Thanks
Cathy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 17 90 Days Lates on Account Charged off in 2000!!!!!!, WFNNB

I would send an *ITS* letter to all reporting!!  and follow through. A consumer attorney should love it!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I sue the original creditor which is WFNNB for the inaccurate reporting? I have old credit reports dating back to 2006 which shows this was already a chargeoff, a report from August 2007 where it no longer appears because the 7 year reporting statute had already expired. A report from last week = prior to the reinsertion showing my FICO score of 694 and the report showing the reinsertion along with the 17 90 day late payments that now has caused my score to tank. I also have the name, time and direct phone number of the individual at WFNNB who specifically told me it was written off in 2000 and gave incorrect information regarding the consumer laws.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey.. I'm glad you brought this up. I have an account from them too, charged off around 2004. They are also reporting 17 90 days late on one of my Equifax report. I think I'm going to check this out and call them about this.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB did the same to me last month,  I called them and talked to the collections department they are sending me a letter.  And up dating my report new report.  The key is to get to the collection department.  Hope this works. I will keep you posted in this issue.

Michelle
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already tried calling MFNNB. The first worman said "I can't even talk to you about this account" and gave me the number for an area of their company that is like the "middle man" once charged off. John told me I needed to call the reporting agencies. He said it was written off back in early 2000 and they sold my account in October 2007 (thus the inquiry I saw by NCO in November 2007). He could not explain how one can accumulate 17 90 day lates for the period 5/06 through 9/07, nor was he willing to correct my information. I said if this was written off in 2007 - it does not even belong on my credit report at this point - it has already gone through the original 7 years and had fallen off in early 2007 only now to be put back on by them with incorrect information that I wanted corrected!!!! Got nowhwere fast with him. Am now disputing with TransUnion, and if they verify, I intend to follow-up by sending a letter to the President/CEO requesting an investigation. I will mention that I am trying to prevent going to court to correct this. If they still don't budge, then I am meeting with an attorney and will have them file suit. I lived my 7 years for this already, I don't need this on my report until the year 2014!!!!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB really needs to pull their act together. I tried calling again - this time I got "Susan". She told me the original chargeoff occured back in December 2000. The date of first delinquency was May 2000 (this make sense since it fell off my report sometime between 10/06 and 8/07. She said the reporting agencies tell consumers one thing and creditors something else. She said for them it is not the date of first delinquency but the date to the change of status - this now being May 2008!!!! She said I need to take it up with TransUnion. I told her am already investigating, asked for the mailing adress for the Chairman/CEO. She said she is not permitted to give that information out. I said really, you are a Public company that is public knowledge and easily attainable.

If I need to proceed with a lawsuit, do I go after WFNNB or the reporting agency or both??? Also, which courts and how do I determine how much to sue for??????
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling this number, they knew what to do 1-800-695-7444.  Ask for Recovery

MIchelle
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.