cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for international tax lawyers?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Recommendations for international tax lawyers?

Not sure there is much experience of this here but worth a go!   Looking for someone with a focus on US offshore compliance (FBAR, 8938, 3520(a) and the various IRS "get in to compliance" programs) etc.  I have started working with one and that's fine but would like to compare.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Recommendations for international tax lawyers?

I just poked around. It appears the lawyers your asking about arent really local types. Least in my area in FL. None. There are nat'l groups when you search. I dont believe we can list lawyers on the site to go to anyway.

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I just poked around. It appears the lawyers your asking about arent really local types. Least in my area in FL. None. There are nat'l groups when you search. I dont believe we can list lawyers on the site to go to anyway.

Good point about probably not listing them.   Not sure which part of Florida you are in but there are several in Miami, Ft Lauderale and Orlando.  But yes, many have clients across the country and world, so it doesn't matter where you are.   The problem is that many of these practices are for big companies or UHNW individuals.   (When I contacted such a one with my puny little issue, they apparently discussed it and said basically not their model, and very nicely suggested I find an hourly rate local international tax lawyer as they could handle it more cheaply.   Which I have now done.   And of course, cheaply is a very relative term).

Message 3 of 6
aliviapope
New Visitor

Finding the right international tax lawyer with a focus on US offshore compliance can be a game-changer. I remember when I was in a similar position, searching for someone who could handle all the complexities of FBAR, 8938, 3520(a), and the various IRS compliance programs. It's not an easy task, but once you find the right lawyer, it can make a world of difference.

Message 4 of 6
aliviapope
New Visitor

I recently stumbled upon an article that might offer some guidance in your search: https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/6-keys-to-selecting-a-whistleblower-1291783/. While it's not directly related to international tax lawyers, it could provide some useful tips and insights.

Message 5 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Dewey, Cheatum & Howe.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.