Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up on Redstone membership

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I give up on Redstone membership

About a year ago I applied for Redstone FCU membership and got turned down because they couldn't identify me. Trust me when I tell you I'm easy to identify.

I tried again last week, and it's been nothing but glitches. E.g., they asked me to upload documents, I uploaded them, and the site keeps acting as though they haven't been fully uploaded.

Then after I followed up with them, they sent me a message telling me they couldn't grant my application without a video interview. So then I went on line for a video interview, was placed in a queue, and waited and waited and waited, all the while being told I'm #3 in the queue. Then they tell me that the team that handles my application isn't available. And so I went back online, and sure enough there was no "team" for new accounts.

So I'm done. I told them to cancel my application.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: I give up on Redstone membership

That's disappointing, sorry it's not working out.   Are any of your CRs frozen currently ?  

Also the video interview seems weird and is it really even necessary ?  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 18
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica ,

Sorry that happened to you. I genuinely like the rewards and the rates Redstone offers. I'm beginning to think Redstone is going to start going down the path PenFed is on.

In the past month, I noticed it's taking a lot longer for points to post to my rewards account.  I had to initiate a web chat to find out the status of my replacement debit card, and I had to wait for 35 minutes before the agent was available. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica  I had a similair problem with uploading documents but was ableto resolve it. My DL I used my scanner for that document and the wanted  a photo. I verified trhe upload by using the document feature which gives you a PDF of the uploaded document to make sure it was there.  I did not have problem you encountered I was able to get to a person with a very short wait. My membership was approved. I read somewhere not sure where they do video interviews for those who apply from out of state.  I am not sure if that is correct or not.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 18
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

I went through three video chats with them, ultimately they said that they would only open my account if I wanted to stop by a branch. I've never had that experience anywhere. I too gave up.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 5/7/2024):

Message 5 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

That's disappointing, sorry it's not working out.   Are any of your CRs frozen currently ?  

No.

Yes it does seem weird and I can't imagine why it's necessary. And if it was necessary why weren't they equipped to do it?

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 6 of 18
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Smiley Sad  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 7 of 18
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

No.

Yes it does seem weird and I can't imagine why it's necessary. And if it was necessary why weren't they equipped to do it?

A likely answer is there's been a huge increase in fraud in the last year. So they're likely taking more precautions in the KYC area, but they're running into glitches. Smaller financial institutions are both more vulnerable to fraud and less likely to have the technological know-how and resources. This will probably become more common as AI continues to be weaponized for cybercrime.

Message 8 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica @pizzadude  One thing I forget on my first response which I would have edited my post by cannot to include it.  The first thing the agent asked for was my DL or State ID. I went thru the steps to supply it. I already had supplied that in the uploaded documents prior the call. I did not say anthing about that.  Then went thru the steps to complete the opening my savings account.  I figured why so I think. They use the ID and the video call picture of you to confirm the identity of the applicant if you live out of state. If you live in state (Alabama) you may have to go to the branch for the same reason in my opinion. Hope this helps.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 18
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I tried to deal with them twice.  
Never again.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.