Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up on Redstone membership

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: I give up on Redstone membership

@SouthJamaica wrote:

About a year ago I applied for Redstone FCU membership and got turned down because they couldn't identify me. Trust me when I tell you I'm easy to identify.

I tried again last week, and it's been nothing but glitches. E.g., they asked me to upload documents, I uploaded them, and the site keeps acting as though they haven't been fully uploaded.

Then after I followed up with them, they sent me a message telling me they couldn't grant my application without a video interview. So then I went on line for a video interview, was placed in a queue, and waited and waited and waited, all the while being told I'm #3 in the queue. Then they tell me that the team that handles my application isn't available. And so I went back online, and sure enough there was no "team" for new accounts.

So I'm done. I told them to cancel my application.

I find it odd that everyone mentions a video interview for membership, yet I never got that. Starting to make me wonder if I am a member 🤔. I mean I have an account, opened with $50, I have added money since opening. I submitted my documents (less than what others submitted it seems too). Even got an email this morning asking about applying for their CC (not a pre-approval). So I guess I am a member? How did I get so lucky not to have to do the video interview? Smiley Tongue

Potential Future Cards
Message 11 of 18
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

So I'm done. I told them to cancel my application.

Even got an email this morning asking about applying for their CC (not a pre-approval). So I guess I am a member? How did I get so lucky not to have to do the video interview? Smiley Tongue

yeah I didn't have to do a video interview either, just applied and got right in

pre-approval appeared ~3 months later

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 12 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@GZG 

>> pre-approval appeared ~3 months later

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for. So far I am 14-days into the 3-month countdown Smiley LOL

SP for you?

Potential Future Cards
Message 13 of 18
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@GZG 

>> pre-approval appeared ~3 months later

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for. So far I am 14-days into the 3-month countdown Smiley LOL

SP for you?

yes, no HP when I accepted the pre-approved offer

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 14 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Sorry @GZG one more question if I may - did the pre-approval appear right on the home screen or did you have to click thru to find it?

Potential Future Cards
Message 15 of 18
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Sorry @GZG one more question if I may - did the pre-approval appear right on the home screen or did you have to click thru to find it?

image.png

you can also find them at: 

don't do it through their 3rd party found in the credit cards tab "clutch", that will be a direct, HP application with potential POI, possible decline, possible counter-offer for the low rate card, etc etc.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 16 of 18
Alcuria

I find it odd that everyone mentions a video interview for membership, yet I never got that. Starting to make me wonder if I am a member 🤔.

I applied today around 1:30 Pm and got the welcome email around 5:45 PM. No video chat, etcThere was a delay as I had to resubmit my DL. Sending it twice didn't make me look any younger Smiley Wink I was already a member of AUSA (good organization!).

This was not the first time I applied - I tried doing so a while back and when I went to get my SS card, I found that one of my cats had dined on part of it. So it took about a month to get a new card.

I'm not interested in their credit cards for now. I'm just a big fan of military centric CUs and banks (a little concerned about PenFed).

Message 17 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@AlcuriaMy video interview I am sure was due to I live out of state (California) and possibly a couple to stupid typos did not help either.  I agree with you on banks or credit unions that support those who are serving now or who have served this country and their families.   I also had a video interview with another credit union as well.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.