Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Union for Rebuilding

tag
House1204
Regular Contributor

Good Credit Union for Rebuilding

I am trying to help my dd rebuild her credit. She already has NFCU. I am trying to find another good credit union for her so that she doesn't have all her eggs in one basket. She lives in Texas if that helps. She is just looking for deposit accounts now but will look at credit cards when her scores improve.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Good Credit Union for Rebuilding

@House1204 wrote:

I am trying to help my dd rebuild her credit. She already has NFCU. I am trying to find another good credit union for her so that she doesn't have all her eggs in one basket. She lives in Texas if that helps. She is just looking for deposit accounts now but will look at credit cards when her scores improve.

Her best bet is to go to one of the many good, geofenced credit unions in Texas.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 710 EX 715

Message 2 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Here's one in Dallas that offers a checking bonus,

https://www.myncu.com/bank/checking/cash-bonus.

Message 3 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

What is she recovering from?

Message 4 of 6
House1204
Regular Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

What is she recovering from?

She has a paid collection, a repossession and 2 charged off Capital One cards. Everything except the repossession has been paid. She is waiting on them all to reflect paid on her reports. She settled with Cap One but they should at least not hurt her utilization anymore.

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@House1204 wrote:

I believe Randolph Brooks FCU is well thought of.

https://www.rbfcu.org/learn/educational-resources/easy-paths-to-rbfcu-membership

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 710 EX 715

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.