cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU CREDIT Union

tag
Cyp1

DCU CREDIT Union

Hey everyone. I recently applied to join DCU Credit Union and open an account with them. I was denied. They didn't give me a reason but said they would send a letter in 7-10 days. Has anyone been denied and are there ways around this?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU CREDIT Union

DCU requires no negatives on ChexSystems. So if you have an old account that was reporting outstanding balance that would do it. Once you resolve that, you can get in. That is one of their most common reasons for DCU denial.

Message 2 of 14
Cyp1

I don't have any old accounts reporting balances but I just did a pull on my ChexSystems report so I can see what they have on me. I'll just wait for it to come back. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 14
CardDon29
Established Member

I was denied online cause the couldn't verify me. I mailed my application in and they received yesterday. I'll give them a week before I call-in for a status update.

Message 4 of 14
Cyp1

I think that's what it was with me also because I was trying to upload my drivers license and it wouldn't upload. So I'll wait to see the response that they send me!

Message 5 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Cyp1 wrote:

I think that's what it was with me also because I was trying to upload my drivers license and it wouldn't upload. So I'll wait to see the response that they send me!

If you can't even upload basic documents then I would start there!

Give them a call, they can email you another link to upload.

Message 6 of 14
Cyp1

Thanks for the info. I have them a call already and they said they were going to send a letter in the mail. Once I get the letter I'll have a better understanding of what I need to do!

Message 7 of 14
Janneman
Established Contributor

@CardDon29 wrote:

I was denied online cause the couldn't verify me. I mailed my application in and they received yesterday. I'll give them a week before I call-in for a status update.

Where did you get the paper application from? You printed out online application on paper??

Message 8 of 14
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Cyp1 wrote:

Hey everyone. I recently applied to join DCU Credit Union and open an account with them. I was denied. They didn't give me a reason but said they would send a letter in 7-10 days. Has anyone been denied and are there ways around this?

Best to wait for their denial letter to know what is the actual reason they denied you for. It could be of many reasons, but "too many inquiries" on ChexSystem could be the reason as well....and when it comes to "too many inquiries" then this is subjective to each lender as even 2 inquiries (and just one inquiry to Citi) are "too many".....

Message 9 of 14
Cyp1

Yea you're right. I'll give an update once I receive the letter 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.