cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anymore banking for gamers neobanks coming?

tag
IcyCool7227
Regular Contributor

Anymore banking for gamers neobanks coming?

At one time there were 4 different fintech neobanks for gamers. First there was BuffPay that closed in September of last year, then Tiv that closed last November, then Ugami which closed in March this year (big surprise as that one was the most popular), and now Mana is closing completely in May with today being the last day to redeem rewards and get your money out which I did. Out of all those I didn't really use them very much but it's sad to see that kind of thing go for people who really benefited from them. I was going to get into modern gaming one day and connect Mana to earn monthly point rewards for playing console games. I did get a $5 Amazon gift card at least out of Mana with only paying 50 cents to cover the differencew from the points. I think if all these were marketed better and there wasn't so much competition from other banks and credit cards that these would have survived today. Anybody know of any new ones coming focused for gamers? Buff Pay still has an earning points platform but cut out their spending account portion completely.

As of: 3/28/24:

EQ: 785 (prev. 778 on 2/6/24; 773 on 1/26/24 & 750 on 1/7/24 & 626 on 6/7/24 & 652 in April 2023) - FICO 8
EX: 763 (prev. 755 on 2/6/24; 753 on 1/26/24 & 732 on 1/7/24 & 643 on 6/7/24 & 619 in April 2023) - FICO 8
TU: 759 (prev. 748 on 2/6/24; 744 on 1/26/24 & 689 on 1/7/24 & 6/7/24 & 654 in April 2023) - CreditKarma

Have:
- Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards: $1,200
- Chase Freedom Flex: $500
- Discover it Cashback: $2,000
- Kohl’s Charge: $3,000
- Mercury Rewards Visa: $4,390
- Super Cash: Limit varies based on debit balance - doesn't show up in accounts anymore though on CRs.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: Anymore banking for gamers neobanks coming?

Sounds like a bad track record. So, the bank pays you to play games? Is this a loss leader to get depositors? Did they do normal bank things, checking, savings, cds? Were they any good at it? I guess not, roflol!

You collected $5? I just collected $500 from us b for opening a checking and playing their game. It took 5 weeks total, but I wasn't doing anything most of that time. The best I've done is $400 in a week, pretty simple game too. Mostly involved smirfing money from one bank to another. It's kind of like The bank is giving free samples. The game is called deposit account churning and none of my banks have gone out of bidness. I even bought stock in one. Made 27% in year, plus some dividends.

Message 2 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

If you're looking for a fun bank, try these guys,

https://redneck.bank/

They can take a joke and don't seem to be going out of bidness. Maybe they are a joke, but they're funner.

Message 3 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

on the other hand, if you want a  serious bank, try these guys,

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/checking-account/

They only paid me $250 to play their game, but they sent me a serious looking debit card.

content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1714449168915-1296757946.jpg

Message 4 of 6
CaneVariant
Established Member

@FicoMike0 wrote:

If you're looking for a fun bank, try these guys,

https://redneck.bank/

They can take a joke and don't seem to be going out of bidness. Maybe they are a joke, but they're funner.

That is a good rate and no DD required. If only they had a bonus. The fly crawling across the screen is a nice touch.
Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 575
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

if they offered a bribe, I'd have that account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.