cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply Home Equity Loan?

tag
dave1980

When to apply Home Equity Loan?

Last month, I paid off my car loan and credit card bumped up to now 752. A week ago I brought down one of my credit card utilization from 98% to 55%.
My current DTI is less than 40%. I do have sufficient equity in my home to seek out an Home Equity loan.

Is there any reason for me to wait for 3 months to maintain that 752 credit score or can I apply Home Equity loan next month itself?
In other words, is it possible that lenders typically look at "what is the average debts hung around for last 3 months" and determine the rates, terms?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: When to apply Home Equity Loan?

As soon as your credit scores are where you'd like them to be you can apply for a home equity loan, no need to wait until they've been there for multiple months.  It'd have no impact on what you'd qualify for or the terms.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.