Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too much credit

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: too much credit

MidnightVoice wrote:
My problem is I have too little credit, and I use what I have.  So my utilization is too high.  But asking for more would require an enquiry, and I don't want any of those.  Just keep the overall utilization as low as possible, and I don't think the kigh limits will hurt, and will probably help

But at least credit card companies hate me because I don't pay finance charges.  Smiley Very Happy

Hey MidnightVoice:

CCC's call people like us who PIF, deadbeats!  Can you believe this.  Usually a deadbeat does not pay.  They call us this bc we rarely or never pay FC's.  They make nothing off of us.
Message 11 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

Hey MidnightVoice:

CCC's call people like us who PIF, deadbeats!  Can you believe this.  Usually a deadbeat does not pay.  They call us this bc we rarely or never pay FC's.  They make nothing off of us.

They have got me recently though - they charge on all overseas transactions  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They got me. They sent me a low apr ballance transfer offer which I snatched. Then next month they sent me a better offer which was a longer term, of course after I paid all the fees to transfer the money. I paid it back, transferred the money all over again paying the fees again. grr. I made good use of the transfer however.
Message 13 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
My problem is I have too little credit, and I use what I have.  So my utilization is too high.  But asking for more would require an enquiry, and I don't want any of those.  Just keep the overall utilization as low as possible, and I don't think the kigh limits will hurt, and will probably help

But at least credit card companies hate me because I don't pay finance charges.  Smiley Very Happy

Some ccc's do not pull hard inqs.  My experiences for instance have been with FIA (whatever kind a messed company they are or not) and Amex.  I have had close to 10 cli's and not once did they pull a hard inq.  Of course I asked them if they would do a hard before I actually went ahead with my request for cli's.  It seems these two ccc's focus on your payment history with them and your util.  Just curious, which ccc's are you working with?
Message 14 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

It seems these two ccc's focus on your payment history with them and your util.  Just curious, which ccc's are you working with?

One is a CU, and won't actually do a hard pull for a CLI if I ask.  The other is Chase and the card is less than 6 months old, so they will do a hard pull ( I asked).  And both use EQ when they do pull.

I just need a little patience and organization.  The payience to let 3 of the enquiries go away (December) and my one bad neg to go away (March) and organization to keep my utilzation below 10%
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.