cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure if I should cancel a CareCredit account.

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Unsure if I should cancel a CareCredit account.

@Bitzits wrote:

Hello!

I am very new here and only researched a few relevant threads.

Long story short, I unintentionally was approved for a CareCredit card for an upcoming surgery.

I do not want a care-credit card, nor did I really enjoy having wool pulled over my eyes- which seems to be common with CareCredit.

This was a new hard inquery, and a new account added to my report. Thus, it dropped my GOOD Credit score down about 60 points to FAIR.

It has dropped my avg account age to 6 months.  And ofcourse, nobody, not the doctors, not carecredit, etc are willing to simply reverse the process. I wanted to see if there was any advice to what I should do. Is it possible to close the account, and raise my account age avergae? Any way to improve my credit score?

Thanks!

Closing the account would have no effect on  your aging metrics. It will remain as a new account, whether it's open or closed. So the damage is done.

But if you don't want the account, close it. I'm no lover of the Care Credit card.

I wonder what score you're talking about. A FICO score would not normally drop 60 points because of the addition of a new card.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.