cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery set up wage garnishmen, please help.

tag
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery set up wage garnishmen, please help.

@FicoMike0 wrote:

It might be time to inquire how biga boy this portly recovery guy is and how he'd like an a$$ whupp'in.

Lol wut?

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 11 of 17
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FicoMike0 wrote:

It might be time to inquire how biga boy this portly recovery guy is and how he'd like an a$$ whupp'in.

They are very big

However big they are, they're just ripe a$$ whupp'in size! The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Tell them you'll be all over them like a cheap suit.

Message 12 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Agree with the others that finding a lawyer to help might be the best short term approach to understanding your options.  Yes it won't be cheap but neither is the $400 / mo you're losing currently.

Do you at least know the total amount of the judgment ?  I would think your payroll dept would have some information like this. 

Also what state is this happening in, and was the old judgment also in the same jurisdiction?   Statutes vary by state on judgment expiration and renewal. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 17
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

When I had a garnishment pop up for a very very old loan, I called the law offices  that represented the debt in the court case and they worked out a monthly payment for me that was about half the $2K per month being garnished. The garnishment stopped and it has never showed up on my credit. Your company should be able to give you some paperwork on the garnishment if you dont have it. 

Message 14 of 17
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

take the attitude, it's not if you'll get the info, it's only where you'll bury the bodies of those who stand in your way.

Message 15 of 17
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Every garnishment I've initiated I've received a phone call from the debtor stating I can't do that. They then state they are going to get an attorney and sue me and the company where I work. Never been sued yet. 

Message 16 of 17
bluenote-lp
Valued Member

This may  be a time barred debt. Portfolio Recovey is a nasty company  that loves to ruin peples credit and was sued for this. Not sure what state you are in, but  do your homework  on this company, here is a little something  that may give you a idea what company you are working with :

https://www.consumerfinancemonitor.com/2023/03/29/cfpb-cracks-down-on-portfolio-recovery-associates-...

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.