Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off Collection renew date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off Collection renew date

Does paying off a Collection account start the 7 yrs over. I know I have saw that on this threat somewhere but cant seem to find it now. I dont think that I have time to do a pay for delet I only have about a month to get it to a 0 balance, but I dont want to have to keep it on there for 7 more years neither. I could use any help I can get at this point. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying off Collection renew date

No it does not restart the credit reporting age.   It only restarts your State's legal Statute of limitations date,   The time it stays on your credit report is 7 and half years of the date of first deliqency plus 180 days whether it's paid, not paid or currently paying.   I hope this helps.
Message 2 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that.

I wanted to thank you all for your help. I have to have all of this paid off before the 17th of July so I dont think I have time to do a PFD. They said we have to have it done before we close on our house. This is our first home (other than renting) so we are trying to hurry and get this done.very-happy smiley

Thank you so much!very-happy smiley
Debbie happy smiley
Message 5 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Your welcome and congrats and good luck with your new homeSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.