Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Reported Charge Off

tag
TrevorKSmith
New Visitor

Non-Reported Charge Off

I feel behind on a chase business credit card 11 months ago. I had paid it off in full after 60 days late. It has been reporting well since. Shows paid in full, and paid as agreed. Balance 0.

Today I went to close the accounts, and my chase rep showed me on the screen that I still have a second "charged off" account with a balance of $95. 

He suggested I pay it off. I was hesitant because it's currently unreported and don't want to reset any clocks by paying it off. Was a little annoyed they didn't mention it or take care of when I previously handled this... but moving forward.

What is my best option in this situation? Should I call chase and pay the $95 charge off and risk them reporting it and plummeting my score? Assuming that would happen?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: Non-Reported Charge Off

Do you owe the monez? Since when? Sounds like what cousin eddy called "a real nice suprise" lol.

Message 2 of 3
TrevorKSmith
New Visitor

Re: Non-Reported Charge Off

Yeah, owe 95 bucks on the charge off account. 

seems when I paid in full on the CC, they accepted and closed. But I guess I got hit with another 95 dollar late fee and they immediately charged it off. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.