Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement Help

Hello all!

When I get the status updated from "filed" to paid...will I have a score increase?  Or am I just doomed for 7 years?  I am trying like heck to get them off...no luck.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgement Help

No the damage is done.   FICO doesn't reward for payments on debt that has been charged off. sent to collections or Judgments.   Just hang in there time heals all wounds.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one it went up but not by much. Just keep a letter on file that it was paid and you might dispute it like did and get it removed. Well it removed exp. equ. but not trans union
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disputed as incorrect becuase it is paid...and has been paid for some time but they will NOT update.  I got them ALL off EQ but not the other two.Smiley Sad

Well I guess i can give up...No one will give me credit with judgements...paid or not
Message 4 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Not true you will just have to go the sub prime card route until you get your credit reestablished.   No shame in that, that's what many of us on here are doing.   many decent sub prime cards available and there is always the secured cards.

Keep disputing as the paid status and if you saved your receipt or confirmation from when you paid off the judgemnt  dispute by mail and enclose a copy to all three CRA's.  
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told if I send in the letters, which I have, I am pretty much stuck with the judgement for 7 years?
Message 6 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Focused1 wrote:
I was told if I send in the letters, which I have, I am pretty much stuck with the judgement for 7 years?

You don't believe that right? Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 judgements paid one 2 years ago and the other paid recently. after i paid it i was told by CA that i need to dispute it and they would not respond, well they were true to there word and it was deleted. but even though i have these i now have 7 CC's an auto loan, a personal loan and my scores still suck but are improving. Like someone else said sub-prime is a start, make your payments on time and utilization low and in time scores will improve and your chances of getting credit will improve. And as far as improving score with status change even with my one deletion mine didn't improve by much.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.